We are looking for a collaborative and proactive IT Executive. In this role, you'll be providing IT support services to all VentureDive offices.
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
- Evaluate network infrastructure and configuration to determine required network changes for ideal implementation of network segmentation and NAC solutions.
- Coordinate with Team Leads for implementation of network changes required to give access to new applications being developed.
- Configure and install firewalls, routers, switches, and NAC appliances while considering optimal hardening, monitoring, and maintenance of those devices.
- Closely coordinate with project manager, application owners, and other internal organization departments to develop, review, implement, and test firewall/ACL rules and NAC policies.
- Validate ACLs/firewall rule set and NAC policy effectiveness and optimize configurations to improve security posture and/or performance.
- Analyze network device logs and network packet captures to troubleshoot functional or access problems.
- Develop documentation, including design diagrams, operating procedures, standard configurations, and problem root cause analysis, reports, inventories, and audit response.
- Train and/or transfer technical knowledge to IT/admin team for ongoing support.
- At least 4 years’ experience in network domain.
- BS in IT or any related field. Certification of (CCNA, CCNP) is a plus.
- Extensive hands-on experience with firewall administration activities including modification of firewall rules, NAT, and VPN.
- Strong communication skills
- Expert knowledge of the TCP/IP protocol suite with understanding of networking protocols and standards such as 802.1x, IPSec, etc.
- Sound knowledge of Cisco operating systems and technologies and experience with industry design best practices.
- Knowhow of Fortinet FortiGate firewalls and/or Cisco ASA is preferred.
- Detail oriented with excellent organization and time management skills.
- Understanding of and ability to work within corporate processes while meeting the needs of clients.
- Ability to travel nationwide (up to 50%) to perform firewall implementations and network changes at remote offices.
- Ability to work with cross site teams.
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
…are intellectually smart and curious
…have the passion for and take pride in your work
…deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
…have a no-frills attitude
…are a collaborative team player
…are ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and solutions that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. Not only will your work reach millions of users world-wide, you will also be rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us ... we're having a ball!