We are looking for a Principal Software Engineer who will become part of a cross-functional team and will support all phases of the software development life cycle.
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
- Responsible for the quality of all shipped code.
- Responsible for live troubleshooting of the concerned system.
- Responsible for managing the team of developers.
- Ensure adherence to engineering processes such as code reviews, source control, unit testing, use case analysis, defect management, continuous integration and deployment
- Strong proficiency in J2EE.
- The Software Engineer is also responsible for writing comments in his/her source files.
- Developing existing systems by analyzing and identifying areas for modification.
- Working closely with other staff, such as project managers, graphic artists, systems analysts, and sales and marketing professionals.
- Consulting clients/colleagues concerning the maintenance and performance of software systems and asking questions to obtain information; clarify details and implement information.
- Constantly updating technical knowledge and skills by attending in-house and/or external courses, reading manuals and accessing new applications.
- Design applications with Java/J2EE to implement product features; involving the development of complex, multi-tier J2EE software application.
- Responsible for development of new programs, analyzes current programs and processes, and making recommendations which yield a more cost effective product.
- Provide recommendations to management concerning issues of programmer productivity and software development management.
- BS/MS degree in CS, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle methodologies
- Working knowledge of multi-tier line of business applications
- Ability to design and write code to meet user requirements without supervision
- Knowledge of design artifacts, including class, sequence, and component diagrams
- Strong working knowledge in J2EE, EJB, Hibernate, Spring, Messaging and Web Services
- Strong working knowledge with relational databases - preferably MySQL and Oracle
- Authentication and authorization concepts.
- Knowledge of SQL, AJAX
- Good communication ability, analytical skills and a highly professional attitude are essential, as there will be substantial business contact with end-users on the Trading Floor and in the Operations area
- Ability to solve problems quickly and completely.
- Ability to identify tasks which require automation and automate them.
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized in a dynamic work environment.
- Knowledge of AWS is a plus.
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
…are intellectually smart and curious
…have the passion for and take pride in your work
…deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
…have a no-frills attitude
…are a collaborative team player
…are ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and solutions that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. Not only will your work reach millions of users world-wide, you will also be rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us ... we're having a ball!