We are looking for a self-driven and passionate Project Manager. Someone committed to excellence and insane focus on customer experience, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Founded in 2012 by veteran technology entrepreneurs from MIT and Stanford, VentureDive is the fastest growing technology company in the region that develops and invests in products and solutions that simplify and improve lives of people world-wide. We aspire to create a technology organization and an entrepreneurial ecosystem in the region that are recognized as second to none in the world.
- Organize, plan, lead and control the project team resources
- Ensure adherence to software development methodologies and standards/procedures
- Recommend, prioritize and develop technology solutions
- Plan, estimate, track, provide support and manage application systems/projects
- Define project priorities, scope, approach, resource requirement and deliverable timing
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company policies and applicable laws
- Provide and recommend training of development resources, and address/resolve complaints/problems
- Manage work assignments and coordination within the project team
- Provide counseling, career development guidance, mentoring and overall skill development of the software engineering personnel
- Review of all project related artifacts
- Update EM on the status of ongoing development projects, activities, and achievements on a weekly basis
- Evaluate performance of development resources (who are assigned on his/her project) and send recommendations to Engagement Manager
- Evaluate performance of QA-QC resources and project level CC (who are assigned on his/her project) and send recommendations to Engagement Manager
- Responsible for team sizing and building for software development projects with the approval of Engagement Manager
- Coordinate with other Project Managers to resolve any issue(s)
- Update his/her backup about any related activities.
- BS or MS degree in a related field or equivalent experience is preferred
- Preferably Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, or an equivalent of the degree in appropriate education.
- 5+ years leadership experience managing complex projects in a multi-platform system development environment
- Professional certification(s) in Project Management
- Good knowledge of SDLCs, different architectures and design strategies/ methodologies
- Knowledge of full project life cycle systems development required
- Knowledge of project management methods and practices required
- Knowledge of Client/Server systems development methods and practices
- Experienced in task evaluation and division
- Team management and leadership skills
- Excellent analytic and decision-making skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Must have the focus, confidence and ability to drive the team.
- Must be able to set expectations and manage conflict.
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience.
What we look for beyond required skills
In order to thrive at VentureDive, you
…are intellectually smart and curious
…have the passion for and take pride in your work
…deeply believe in VentureDive’s mission, vision, and values
…have a no-frills attitude
…are a collaborative team player
…are ethical and honest
Are you ready to put your ideas into products and solutions that will be used by millions?
You will find VentureDive to be a quick pace, high standards, fun and a rewarding place to work at. Not only will your work reach millions of users world-wide, you will also be rewarded with competitive salaries and benefits. If you think you have what it takes to be a VenDian, come join us ... we're having a ball!