Based in Manchester | To Install electrical systems, maintain and repair various electrical assets within the clients premises
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To maintain and repair various electrical assets within the client’s premises as set out as the “scope of works”
- To ensure the clients premises are maintained to a high standard and all compliance visits are completed within the agreed timescale and within client’s budgets.
- To build relationships with Site and Centre Managers to enable smooth planning of visits and completion of tasks within the required timescale.
- To liaise with suppliers and third party contractors where required to arrange further visits and order materials.
- To plan works in liaison with office based works coordinator and regional supervisor.
- To install electrical circuits, first and second fix, including installation of various containment.
- Knowledge in inspection and testing of electrical systems, single phase and three phase.
- Be prepared to work away from home which will on occasions include night and weekend working.
- To carry out compliance visits within the skill set in line with the pre-planned programme to include Fixed Wire Testing, PAT Testing, Emergency Lights and Fire Alarm.
- To attend reactive works within the engineer’s skill set and manage workloads in conjunction with scheduled sites visits.
Planned Out of Hours Works
- To be available for a reasonable amount of out of hours works where the scope of work deems that normal working hours are not possible.
Out of Hours Emergency Work
- To be available for out of hours emergency works based on the agreed duty engineer rota with a minimum requirement
Knowledge and Experience
- Previous experience of working within a small works/engineering environment
- Experince within Facilities Management is desirable
- NVQ L3 Electrical Installations or Equivalent
- C&G 2391 (Test and Inspect) is desirable
- 17th Edition
- Full Driving Licence