As Beazley continues to grow in California we are looking to hire a Territory Manager for our Private Enterprise division to focus on both the LA and San Francisco regions. We are looking for an energetic, self-motivated, business development driven individual with a strong sales & service focused attitude. Successful candidates will need an understanding of insurance, interest in learning new products and enjoy working closely with brokers in the region.
Beazley is an innovative and flexible employer, providing great benefits and an open and welcoming work environment.
Job description and person specification
Job Title: Territory Manager – Private Enterprise
Location: San Francisco or Los Angeles
Division: Specialty Lines
Key Relationships: Brokers, Underwriters, Head of US Private Enterprise, Broker Relations team, Private Enterprise Producers, Claims staff, Coverholders, external Clients and Suppliers
Job Summary: To plan and execute business development and relationship management activities (in line with Beazley’s overall business development and relationship management strategy in the Private Enterprise Market) that establishes Beazley’s competitive position and generates a flow of quality business into the relevant Specialty Lines underwriting teams; to raise awareness of B-USA in markets that present significant opportunity; to target and develop active fruitful relationships with select retail and wholesale brokers; and to ensure that B-USA presents itself as a professional, quality organization.
- On a state/regional level, lead the organization intellectually, technically and operationally into developing a standardized message into the broker/wholesaler marketplace that writes Private Enterprise business in specialty lines. Establish relationships, create a competitive differentiation, build the “brand” and facilitate the placement of new business with Beazley.
- Raising the profile of Beazley within the broker community dealing with Private Enterprise business, increasing the strength of relationships within the broker market to achieve a highly productive level of consistent, strong producer relationships over time.
- Work with key internal stakeholders to develop product-specific business development plans for the Private Enterprise market. Segmenting, detailing and evaluating potential insureds (prospects), and executing such plan to ensure that Beazley generates targeted levels of growth and ‘hit’ ratios in this market.
- Work with key internal stakeholders to develop product-specific relationship management plans for existing insureds.
- To develop relationships with, and work closely with relevant wholesale and retail brokers who are active in the target market, to ensure that there is a broad awareness of Beazley’s target prospects and that Beazley’s underwriters get the best possible opportunity to win this business.
- To work closely with producing brokers of existing clients, including ‘preferred’ clients, to ensure that Beazley maintains appropriate levels of client relationship and delivers the highest standards of service.
- Use e-technologies to create a competitive advantage in the Private Enterprise market.
- To participate in conferences and events that increase Beazley’s exposure of its key products to its target markets.
- Develop best practice and disseminate business and class knowledge within the Private Enterprise team.
- Share and gather knowledge within the Beazley Group to ensure dissemination of best practice and maximise business opportunities and profitability across the Group.
- Production of presentations and marketing literature as required.
Education and Qualifications
- Minimum graduate level education
Skills and Abilities
- Effective relationship management skills with customer focused approach
- Ability to work independently for significant periods of time
- Strong business development and sales skills
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, advanced Excel skills
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
Knowledge and Experience
- General commercial and financial knowledge
- Experience in insurance industry
- Track-record in profitable business development / production
- Significant client service experience
Aptitude and Disposition
- Result focused, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to interact successfully with managers/ colleagues/ external suppliers
- Team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- Customer focused, with a strong ethic of service and fairness to the customer