Job Title: Underwriting Assistant- Private Enterprise
Job Summary: To assist the PE team in maintaining efficient underwriting processes and providing customer service to clients.
- Support the Underwriters in the delivery of an effective and efficient administration service
- Provide pre-underwriting and rating support to Underwriters and other staff
- Ensure timely and accurate data entry and scanning of risk documentation onto all Beazley systems within agreed service levels. Specifically checking agreed % of risk entries as required.
- Data verification, integrity & accuracy.
- Photocopying, logging and scanning quotes and declinatures, filing, archiving and scanning.
- Interact with other teams within Beazley, ie Claims, Finance, Compliance, Management Services and other underwriting teams on matters affecting or related to accounts within the portfolio.
- Help maintain team standards through supporting other underwriting assistants in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
- Provide accurate management information to senior management team and underwriters.
- Produce ad hoc reports, presentations and marketing literature for senior managers, underwriters and other members of staff as requested.
- Provide a professional service to brokers in person, writing, email and telephone.
- Maintain and develop key relationships including brokers and external clients, responding to client queries in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Attend client meetings as required.
Education and Qualifications
- High school diploma
- Degree in any discipline – preferred but not essential
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, well developed spreadsheet skills
- Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritize
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven administrative experience, preferably within the insurance or financial services sectors
- Proven background in accurate, high volume date entry
- Insurance experience advantageous
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues/external suppliers
- Achievement orientation
- Analytical thinking
- Information seeking
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Detail orientated
- Time management
- Relationship building
- Communication skills