Job Title: Underwriting & Claims Operations Administrator
Contract: 12 month fixed term contract
Division: Beazley Shared Services
Reports To: As per Beazley’s organisation chart
Key Relationships: Underwriters, Brokers, Coverholders, other staff members and external clients and suppliers.
Job Summary: To support Globally Beazley Underwriting Teams in maintaining efficient underwriting processes and providing customer service to internal and external customers..
Support Beazley Underwriting teams in achieving their quality and Service Level Agreement by carrying out key administrative tasks that will ensure an exceptional service is delivered to our internal and external customers,
Ensure data is captured accurately and entered in our systems in a consistence manner within the agreed service level agreement (quote entry, document attaching, email filling…etc),
Assess submissions when first received and using relevant systems carry out required checks to get them through the risks clearance process within the agreed service level agreements,
Follow team and company protocols to collate and monitor delegated authority binders,
Interact in a professional and efficient manner with all internal and external customers – includes Underwriting Teams, Operations, Credit Controls, Information technology etc..
- Liaise with third party administrative services which support the underwriting teams with existing tasks such as quote entry etc.. To ensure processes are followed.
- Provide accurate management information to monitor workflow and controls by logging in daily work volumes and or time spent on training/meetings
Quality Control, Data Analysis and Cleansing
On weekly basis, with the help of the Birmingham UCO Manager go through any feedback received from the Underwriting Teams on work that was carried out the week before,
Assess issues raised and go back to Birmingham UCO Manager with a resolution,
Go back to Underwriting Teams once resolution has been agreed with Birmingham UCO Manager,
Update process guides as and when required and share with underwriting teams for sign off
- Identify training needs if any and refer back to Birmingham UCO Manager.
Develop team relationships to ensure collaboration between locations,
Ensure consistency and best practice are adhered to
Identify key stakeholders in front office to ensure all processes and service level agreements are adhered to.
- Promote Birmingham UCO Support Team capabilities and Best Practice through daily interaction with internal stakeholders
At Beazley we are committed to doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do. It is important that within all your interactions both internally and externally you adhere to this principle through adoption of Beazley’s core values and behaviours – PIED and Being Beazley.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promote a positive brand image and experience to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations including the code of conduct which incorporates the PRA and FCA Conduct Rules. Undertake training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, Talent Management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Display business ethics that uphold the interests of all our customers.
- Ensure all interactions with customers are focused on delivering a fair outcome, including having the right products for their needs.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, talent management or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, and Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include membership of any Beazley committees or working groups.
- Participate in team meetings and ad-hoc projects as advised by UCO Support Manager
- Support UCO’s team training in creating/delivering and updating training material as and when necessary
Education and Qualifications
Skills and Abilities
Able to communicate effectively with others, both verbally and in writing
Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office, well developed spreadsheet skills
Accurate and numerate
Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Fluent in French
Knowledge and Experience
Proven administrative experience, preferably within the insurance or financial services sectors
Proven background in accurate, high volume date entry
- Insurance experience advantageous but not essential
Aptitude and Disposition
Analytical thinking / Information seeking
Customer focus / Communication skills
Team working / Relationship building
Initiative / Problem solving