Job Title: Office Administrator
Job Summary: To provide comprehensive secretarial and administration support to Underwriting Support & Claims Operations and the Philadelphia Specialty Lines Team.
- Provide complete and accurate administration service to the Underwriting Support & Claims Operations and the Philadelphia Specialty Lines team including: drafting / sending letters, memos, facsimiles, emails, as well as printing, scanning documents, file management, distributing departmental mail and dealing with routine correspondence and enquiries.
- Act as first point of contact for both internal and external clients wishing to contact the team.
- Arrange internal/external meetings including: booking meeting rooms/venues; booking & setting up telephone or video conferencing equipment and lunch/refreshment arrangements; liaising with training providers where necessary.
- Co-ordinate travel arrangements. This includes booking flights, accommodation, producing itineraries, liaising with internal and external clients and arranging foreign currency and passport/visas where applicable.
- Produce PowerPoint presentations for meetings and seminars.
- Organise papers and reports for meetings.
- Process expenses for team.
- Provide diary management support for the team as appropriate, including: acceptances/declines for meeting requests, act as “gatekeeper” to meeting requests, ensuring adequate preparation and travel time is allotted.
- Provide a time management service for the team to ensure effective use of their time.
- Meet and greet visitors.
- Order/maintain office supplies as appropriate.
- Maintain absence, attendance and annual leave reports where required.
- Take the initiative to identify and resolve problems as they arise to facilitate the smooth running of the team.
- Assist other members of the team when required.
- Manage ad hoc tasks/projects as requested by the team.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Professional secretarial qualifications desirable
Skills and Abilities
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Advanced in all Microsoft Office programs. Access skills are advantageous but not essential
- Motivational skills
- The ability to manage time, meet deadlines and prioritise
- Excellent understanding of organisational processes
- Accurate and numerate
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven secretarial / administration experience
- Experience of arranging complex travel plans and itineraries
- Experience of working with people across multiple locations
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with managers/colleagues and external suppliers
- Team player as well as the ability to use own initiative
- Concern for quality
- Information seeking
- Customer focus
- Team working
- Problem solving
- Time management
- Relationship building
- Communication skills
- Detail orientated