Job Title: Underwriting Assistant
Division: Beazley Shared Services
Location: Barcelona, Spain
Job Summary: To assist the team in maintaining efficient underwriting processes and providing customer service to clients.
Key Responsibilities: As an Underwiting Assistant, you will play a vital role within a team of Underwriters; directly supporting their administrative and operational needs. Underwriting Assistants work as part of the Operations team to provide support with a variety of underwriting activities associated with data entry, meeting service level agreements. Underwriting Assistants utilise strong communication and relationship-building skills to liaise with colleagues, brokers and clients.
- Support Underwriters across multiple lines, where necessary in the administration of an account’s lifecycle.
- Database management; requiring a high-level of accuracy for large volumes of data and workflow monitoring to ensure the completion of each individual risk entry.
- Ensure timely and accurate controls entry and scanning of risk documentation onto all Beazley systems within agreed service levels.
- Track the progress of credit control for all policies.
- Interact with other teams within Beazley, ie Claims, Credit Control, Finance, Compliance, Management Services and other underwriting teams on matters affecting or related to accounts within the portfolio.
- Help maintain team standards through supporting other Underwriting Assistants in achieving their service/quality levels and targets, as required.
- Managing submission flow to underwriters.
- Issuing quotation & policy documents on behalf of underwriters.
- Liaison with London team and other regional offices.
- Provide accurate management information to both the Operational and Underwriting teams.
- Produce ad hoc reports, presentations and marketing literature for the team.
- Assist with translations from English to other European languages.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties /ad hoc reports as may be requested by the underwriting team.
- Participate in cross-team and intra-team projects as required.
- Adopt the Beazley culture of Professionalism, Integrity, Effectiveness and Dynamic attitude that contributes to an internal environment of teamwork and promotes a positive brand image to our external customers.
- Comply with Beazley procedures, policies and regulations relevant to your role. Undertake relevant training on Beazley policies and procedures as delivered by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) either directly, via e-learning or the learning management system.
- Comply with any specific responsibilities necessary for your role as outlined by your line manager, the Talent Management development or assurance teams (compliance, risk, internal audit) and ensure you keep up to date with developments in these areas. This may include, amongst others, Beazley’s underwriting control standards, Beazley’s claims control standards, other Beazley standards and customer relationship management.
- Ensure that you uphold the Beazley principle of Treating Customers Fairly.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as individually notified, either through your objectives or through the learning management system. These may include, among others, European Strategy Team, US Management team or membership of any Beazley committees.
- Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor degree or equivalent.
- European languages : Spanish, English mandatory, German would be highly desirable.
Skills and Abilities
- Accurate and numerate
- Computer skills – good working knowledge of MS Office (well developed spreadsheet skills (intermediate/advanced Excel) and PowerPoint)
- Strong communication skills and stakeholder management
- Motivational skills, team worker as well as able to work on own initiative
- Excellent time management and the ability to manage and prioritise a heavy workload
Strong organisation skills
- Knowledge and Experience
- Proven administrative experience, preferably within the insurance or financial services sectors
- Proven background in accurate, high volume date entry.
Aptitude and Disposition
- Outcome focussed, self-motivated, flexible and enthusiastic
- Professional approach to successfully interact with various stakeholders and colleagues.