The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The World Economic Forum’s Programme Development team aims to develop and organize high-level, multistakeholder meetings that are insightful, innovative and inspiring. The events convene global leaders from business, politics, the media and civil society to address the most relevant and pressing challenges on global, regional and industry agendas.
The mission of the Programme Development team is to design interactions that shape the way leaders think, feel and act – to encourage better, more inclusive and sustainable decision-making. In this context, we are seeking a Programme Lead for climate, energy and innovation who will also lead a cluster within our team dedicated to designing cutting-edge environment and sustainability programming.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Programme Lead on Climate, Energy and Innovation will report to Gill Cassar, Strategy Lead, who has oversight for the environment and sustainability agenda.
• Meet deadlines and milestones to carry out successful programming, from design to delivery, including session topics, speaker briefings and on-site session management; actively seek opportunities to innovate session design
• Identify, engage and prepare a diverse representation of experts in the climate and energy fields for the Forum’s global and regional meetings; this entails effective communications and coordinating briefing meetings in the run-up to the event and all necessary support during the event
• Demonstrate a level of excellence in the use of digital platforms and social media tools for programme design and delivery
• Collaborate across portfolios and support other Programme Development team members, particularly with regards to developing the Sustainable Development Impact Summit
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• The successful delivery of the environment and sustainability programme and relevant exhibitions at Forum global and regional events
• The development of a trusted and constructive relationship with the Forum’s relevant systems initiative teams
• The maintenance of strong working relationships with external academic institutions and professors who support Forum meetings
• Successfully managing and developing team members, supporting their career development and overseeing on-boarding and off-boarding
Preferred requirements and experience
• A minimum of seven years of relevant climate and energy experience in consulting, multilateral institutions, business or not-for-profit organizations
• Experience and interest in managing people
• A master’s degree or MBA in development economics, climate, energy, environment, sustainable development or another related field
• Outstanding written and spoken English; another language would be an asset
• Excellence in research, writing and synthesizing skills and the ability to communicate complex information succinctly
• An entrepreneurial team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, willing to work in a highly demanding environment with strong organizational and multitasking abilities
• Event management and facilitation experience would also be an asset
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.