ENGAGEMENT LEAD, GLOBAL PLASTIC ACTION PARTNERSHIP
(two-year fixed-term contract, renewable)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Global Plastic Action Partnership (GPAP) is a global public-private delivery mechanism that aims to tackle one of the most pressing challenges facing the planet – the pollution of rivers, deltas and oceans from plastics. By engaging with governments, regional bodies, international organizations and business, as well as innovators and civil society organizations, the GPAP seeks to avert the growth in global plastic pollution by 2025. In collaboration with GPAP members, the World Economic Forum is seeking to recruit a Strategic Engagement Lead for the Global Plastic Action Partnership. We are looking for a fast-paced strategic thinker and networker who will drive the partnership engagement strategy to support and promote the partnership’s activities.
To be successful in this role you will need to demonstrate a passion for networking and building strong partnerships – both internally and externally – showing a proven track record of developing and delivering project strategies and partnership engagement plans. You will have experience building effective networks and delivering innovative strategies. Tactfulness and diplomacy are vital as you will be dealing with important stakeholders throughout the development and execution of the partnership.
Reporting lines and interactions
The role will be based in Geneva within the World Economic Forum. The position will be within the Global Plastic Action Partnership team, reporting to the Director of the Global Plastic Action Partnership. Internally, this person will work with colleagues in the GPAP and the broader Centre for Global Public Goods. Externally you will work with a broad range of stakeholders, including partner companies in the consumer goods, retail, chemical, finance and other industries, as well as with governments, multilateral and non-governmental organizations.
• Lead the development and management of the GPAP partner engagement strategy, build the GPAP partnership base, and ensure effective involvement and participation of GPAP partners in the work, including those from the private sector, government and civil society
• Support the planning and management of GPAP’s engagement strategy, including ensuring active participation of GPAP partners in various events and activities
• Build and manage relationships with key partners from business, government, civil society and academia
• Network actively to identify new partners
• Support the GPAP Director in the development and implementation of the programme strategy
• Drive the creation and delivery of the value proposition for the GPAP
• Lead the strategic thinking on key issues impacting businesses and civil society organizations wanting to engage with GPAP
• Seek and support linkages between GPAP, relevant Forum projects and organizations
• Represent GPAP globally and at national partnership engagement activities
• Develop and maintain communication and coordination with key stakeholders to ensure successful project implementation
• Support the GPAP team in facilitating workshops, meetings, discussions and other events conducted by GPAP
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Creating and implementing a successful stakeholder engagement strategy
• Facilitating partnerships that enable collaboration and engagement across the GPAP platform
• Collaborating with the Communications team on the delivery of an effective partner and stakeholder communications strategy and action plan
• Showing a willingness to engage across the broader team to create partnership opportunities and improve stakeholder engagement
Preferred requirements and experience
• Broad intellectual background with at least university-level education
• 7-10 years’ work experience in strategy, policy, stakeholder engagement or related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, fluency in spoken and written English; other languages would be an asset
• Ability to communicate complex information succinctly both in writing and verbally
• Ability to work with C-suite business leaders and leading issue experts in academia, international organizations, governments and non-governmental organizations, and with representatives from grassroots organizations
• Proficient in MS Suite • Strong organizational, interpersonal and time-management skills
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, have an understanding of stakeholder needs and be a committed, collaborative, optimistic and solution-oriented team player
• Analytical capabilities • A demonstrated interest in environment/sustainability issues, technology and innovation, and building strategic networks
About the World Economic Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.