(2-year fixed-term contract with possibility of renewal)
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Centre for Global Public Goods seeks to bring innovation and frontier approaches to help the international system be more agile and equipped to respond to today’s challenges. It will do this by helping the international community leverage public-private cooperation, the Fourth Industrial Revolution and systems thinking for improved management of the global commons and building sustainable markets for the 2030 development goals.
The Forum is curating a public-private initiative that aims to catalyse a movement among senior decisions-makers (CEOs, heads of state/government and ministers and key NGOs) to raise ambition for a successful outcome at the UN Convention on Biological Diversity COP15 in Beijing, People’s Republic of China in 2020. The initiative is envisioned to run from March 2019 through to June 2021.
The initiative is looking to hire a strong experienced project manager who can apply his/her skills to helping the agenda move forward and help build a solid foundation in the form of clear milestones, supporting material and business engagement.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Project and Community Lead will report to the Head of Strategy and Communications of the Centre for Global Public Goods. Internally, this person will work with colleagues throughout the centre as well as with colleagues on the Business Engagement and Partner Development teams, and externally with a broad range of stakeholders in the private sector.
Breakdown of main responsibilities
• Collaborate with colleagues in the business teams to secure greater business engagement for the Nature Action Agenda and a CEO-level leadership group
• Lead on the build-out of the Nature Action Agenda website in close collaboration with the digital engagement team
• Project manage the Nature Action Agenda with high-quality documentation on deliverables, timeline, monthly updates and marketing materials
• Collaborate with the programme development team on a strong programme at the Forum’s Sustainable Development Impact Summit for nature and biodiversity
• Monitor the media trends and tap into relevant industry networks to scope up-and-coming ideas on nature/biodiversity that could help build business and economic engagement
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Strong project management skills, particularly communications (oral and written), presentations and data management skills
• Ability to identify and develop strategic relationships with internal business engagement teams and external contacts who will be joining the CEO-level leadership group
• Ability to be a quick learner of complex issues and organizational dynamics
Preferred requirements and experience
• Master’s degree in relevant subject (business, environment, policy, etc.)
• A project management certificate or similar practical experience is desired
• 5-7 years of work experience, with proven strength in project management; private sector experience preferred
• Ability to build strong internal relationships and networks within complex and collaborative organization; can work well across cultures and virtually in a global environment
• Ability to build and manage long-term, trust-based relationships with senior stakeholders
• Capacity to apply critical thinking, consult broadly, develop strategies, work collaboratively in a team and manage both long- and short-term objectives
• Comfort driving new engagement opportunities, navigating ambiguity and being a self-starter
• Excellent organizational skills; able to tackle multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously and maintain balance in high-pressure work settings
• Excellent verbal communication and facilitation skills, and strong experience in preparing strategic marketing materials and value propositions for executive audiences
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.