The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
Why we are recruiting
The Centre for Global Public Goods seeks to bring innovation and frontier approaches to help the international system be more agile and equipped to respond to today’s challenges. It does this by helping the international community leverage public-private cooperation, the Fourth Industrial Revolution and systems thinking for improved management of the global commons, as well as building sustainable markets for the 2030 development goals. The centre’s activities include initiatives on environment and natural resource security, the future of food, development finance and sustainable development, including the Forum’s Sustainable Development Impact Summit (SDIP).
The Climate Initiatives Project Specialist will be responsible for ensuring smooth coordination and operational support for the Climate Initiative project activities, to enable high-impact deliverables for the UNSG Climate Summit and the SDIP in September 2019 with a view to continue momentum of these initiatives to deliver tangible outcomes during key moments in 2020, including the Forum’s Annual Meeting and the climate conference (COP26). The role will require coordination and engagement with a range of teams within the Forum to ensure communities, initiatives and projects can be leveraged for key moments in the “Sprint to 2020”.
Reporting lines and interactions
The Climate Initiatives Project Specialist will report to the Head of Climate Initiatives, Centre for Global Public Goods. Internally, this person will work with colleagues throughout the Centre as well as with colleagues within the organization, and externally with a broad range of stakeholders in the climate action agenda community.
Project set up and management
• Support the team head and lead with the set-up of project initiatives by maintaining work plans and timelines, supporting the development of related digital platforms, and coordinating relevant internal and external stakeholders on different operational matters as required by a project’s scope and strategy.
• Support the production of project-related marketing materials, including value propositions, slides, two-pagers, and briefing notes for the Centre’s leadership team and external stakeholders, as relevant.
• Coordinate the community of Forum private-sector members engaged in the Climate Initiative project, including: act as the main point of contact for the community on all day-to-day matters to understand the interests of members and develop trusted relationships; support project head and leads in identifying key priorities for the community and produce engagement plans; set up and coordinate delivery of all community meetings and activities (group calls, face-to-face meetings etc.).
• Manage delivery of community activities, including communications and publications (blogs, public statements etc.).
• Work with relevant Forum teams to identify companies and stakeholders to target for engagement.
• Provide support with the design, development and delivery of the Climate Initiative programme at key Forum events, with a focus on the SDIP and the Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters.
• Lead on all event-related logistics on behalf of the team by following broader event operations, managing the planning and invitations process, and coordinating on-site delivery.
• Manage planning and execution of project workshops/meetings throughout the year.
Overall planning and coordination
• Provide day-to-day administrative support to project team (including scheduling meetings, calls etc.), as required by the project head
• Own and update contact documents, mailing lists and CRM platform
• Develop team processes and act as the point person for disseminating knowledge within the team
• Ensure that deliverables are on track, by maintaining timelines and tracking necessary actions
The successful candidate will be assessed on
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, emotional intelligence and resilience
• Ability to work well within a team, as well as being autonomous, organized, flexible and able to handle a high-pressure environment
• Ability to build solid working relationships with Forum colleagues and relevant external stakeholders
• Strong project management and time management skills
• Strong writing and communications skills
• Open to creative approaches to problem-solving and able to synthesize a large amount of information
• Constructive input provided for the development of the team and the Project Specialist role, with the objective of increasing the quality and productivity of the function
• Team spirit, flexible, service-oriented and committed to the collective output of a team project
Preferred requirements and experience
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in international relations, business administration, strategy management or a similar field
• 2-3 years of relevant professional experience with a focus on operations management, event management, project management and process implementation, with relevant technology involvement
• Knowledge of Salesforce a strong plus
• Good understanding and/or interest in the international agenda on climate change and sustainable development
• Experience of engaging with leaders in public- and private-sector organizations
• Fluent in English, fluency in other languages would be an asset
Why work at the Forum
We believe that progress happens by bringing together people from all walks of life who have the drive and the influence to improve the state of the world by building awareness and cooperation, shaping mindsets and agendas and driving collective action. Join us and become a driver for positive change.