MSF is looking for a Gynaecologist for our field projects.
- To contribute to increasing the quality of obstetric and gynaecological department in Boost Hospital
- Develop list of gynaecological conditions to be managed including admission/discharge criteria for all cases
- To support the implementation and ensure adherence to protocols for management of main obstetric and gynaecological morbidities
- Management of complicated deliveries and performing instrumental deliveries, all types of caesarean sections, ectopic pregnancy and gynaecological operations
- Provide obstetrics and gynaecology consultation two times per week in the outpatients department room
- Training and coaching local staff in diagnostic and medical management skills, including ultrasound
- Train and perform obstetrics and gynaecology surgical procedures when necessary
- Assess medical knowledge of local staff to identify training needs and develop a realistic plan to monitor and develop that knowledge which is not contingent on your presence
- To work in close collaboration with MoPH representatives (Head of department of Obstetrics & Gynaecology) and expatriate midwife
Requirements for Gynaecologists
- You are a trained gynaecologist and obstetrician
- You have experience in managing obstetric and gynaecological conditions in low-resource settings
- US diagnostic skills has no secrets for you
- You possess enough experience and interest to train others in this area
- You are proficient in the English Language
- Language proficiency in Pashto / Dari is an asset
- Mature personality
- Management experience and able to work hands-on as well as delegate
- Ability to organise, plan and prioritise
- Good negotiation and diplomatic skills
- Ability to work in a different and strong culture in a confined and insecure environment
- Willingness to work with and train a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team
Please read the job description thoroughly before applying and make sure you meet the criteria outlined above. Before starting your application (by clicking on the apply button below), please take the following into consideration. We require several documents during the application process online. We advise you to gather and prepare these documents first before applying. Only complete applications can be considered. Please note, it may take up to 4 - 6 weeks before you hear feedback on your application.
- Your most recent English CV not exceeding 3 pages.
- A cover letter explaining your motivation to work with MSF, what assets and skills would contribute to MSF practices, and elaborating further on both your training/coaching experience, as well as your management capacities (responsibilities, number of people you managed, and the context in which you worked).
- A clear scan of your relevant diploma’s and certificates.
- To be able to fully review your suitability for this position, we would like you to specify your skills and experience further. With this purpose in mind, we ask you to download the skills-list and fill this out as accurately as possible. During the application process online you will be given the opportunity to upload as well.
- After initial (positive) assessment of these documents, we will schedule an interview.
- If you are currently working for MSF or have done so in the past as national staff in one of our projects, we require that you upload a recommendation letter for expatriation from your HrCo, Head of Mission or other senior staff such as a PC and include two of your most recent MSF evaluations.