Lab Specialist - Dept. of Chemical Engineering in Al Ain / College of Engineering Program in Al Ain
The purpose of this role is to provide assistance to students on their lab courses, have the labs fully operational, offer course assistance & tutorial sessions, assist students in the learning process, assist the AA ChME dept. in its smooth operation. This position reports to the Chair of the Chemical Engineering department
Lab Courses development and delivery – Course Assistance – Administrative tasks
• Facilitates lab use for students during operating hours.
• Oversees the preparation and maintenance of various equipment, instructional media and other materials used for class exercises and demonstrations.
• Communicates and coordinates with faculty, staff and students regarding lab resources and procedures.
• Oversees inventory of supplies, equipment and other materials needed for daily operations of the lab.
• Delivers lab related courses.
• Designs lab experiments and ensures learning outcomes are clear.
• Liaises with vendors to receive new equipment training and ensure proper installation
• Procures lab consumable materials
• Offers tutorials based on the faculty recommendation in order to assist with solving any learning problems students may have.
• Assists faculty members in classroom learning activities
• Assists students with their course projects
• Provides capstone project support and support during competitions
• Assists with student events
• Proctors student exams.
• Assists in course file completion and performs administrative tasks as required.
• Grades assignments and lab experiments and maintains grade records of student assignments.
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering; A Master’s Degree in Chemical Engineering would be preferred and will be in priority
• At least 1 year of Chemical Engineering Laboratory experience would be preferred
• Experience in a higher educational institution
• Technical knowledge in the use of various ChME lab equipment
• English is a must. Arabic is an asset, but not a requirement