Abu Dhabi University is seeking an experienced, creative, highly skilled Creative Content Writer to join our growing university. In this position, you will be responsible for writing content for print, digital media, or course descriptions. Well-researched and accurate content will be produced on tight deadlines. Applicants must be able to effectively engage students and parents at different stages of their journey at Abu Dhabi University. An ideal candidate would be a team-oriented person who is both skilled and imaginative in their writing and possesses a keen awareness of details. S/he should also be a quick learner, able to grasp project requirements rapidly and offer valuable insights concisely.
Applicants will be required to submit samples of their work for review.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Deliver valuable, insightful and relevant copy and related content to be delivered with specific business objectives mostly focused on Digital and Social Media related initiatives.
• Write compelling, purposeful, branded copy for targeted personas, promotions and programs drives relevant and interesting engagement.
• Develop engaging marketing copy for blog posts, websites, videos, slides, email newsletters, social media updates and etc.
• Develop brand-specific copy strategy. Assess long-term content needs and recommend ways to integrate and streamline copy across multiple touch-points.
• Create brand-specific content writing framework(s) to deliver key business and marketing objectives.
• Edit, revise and proofreading all internal and external content tone/style/length/subject to drive engagement.
• Ensure content reflects brand(s) guidelines including brand promise, brand voice and brand personality.
• Collaborate with social media and digital teams to drive content idea generation that drives engagement and builds brand awareness.
• Tracks trends of contents published by competitors
• BS or BA in marketing, English, journalism, or related field
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in a communications role, ideally for a large organisation.
• Advertising agencies experience is preferred
• Proven work history with relevant experience as a copywriter or related role
• UAE experience is desirable
• English; Arabic desired
• Oral and Written Communication (Level 5): The ability to verbally exchange information and compose written material in a clear and concise manner for the audience
• Concern for Excellence (Level 4): The ability to set high standards for self and others. Committed to achieving excellence and exceeding it.
• Planning & Organising (Level 4) Agrees on follow-up dates and deadlines for completion of instruction. Identifies staff priorities specific to their responsibilities and in accordance with the priorities of the business. Develops a plan allocating priorities to staff detailing the timeframe for completion and liaises with staff to verify plan. Identifies and establishes objectives aligned to staff member’s job function and business priorities, and achieves consensus
• Problem-Solving (level 4). Determines the appropriate approach to solving a problem. Anticipates obstacles to proposed solutions and determines steps to overcome them. Gains acceptance for a proposed solution from the impacted stakeholders. Involves the appropriate people to resolve complex cross-functional and cross-organisational problems.