Assistant Professor in Software Engineering, Computer science or related area (Abu Dhabi)
The College of Engineering (CoE) grew rapidly in the number of programs offered, number of faculty, and number of students. Today, the College has become the largest engineering college in the country with over 2,600 students served by over 56 full-time faculty, 10 adjunct faculty, 16 full-time teaching and lab assistants, and 6 staff members.
The curricula of our programs are designed according to international standards and best practices in world-class universities. Engineering and IT programs in the College that have already graduated more than one cohort of students have received ABET accreditation. Our dedicated faculty are prudently chosen from top engineering schools in North America and Europe. Our state-of-the-art laboratory facilities provide a great environment for student learning. The College has received significant distinctions and awards nationally and internationally. It has MOUs and research collaboration with several internationally renowned universities. We provide all means of success to our students, and equip them with the necessary values, knowledge and skills they need to prove themselves in today's highly competitive market.
The department of Computer Science and Information Technology is currently inviting applications for faculty appointments for Academic Year 2019-20. Appointments will be at the rank of Assistant Professor, although well qualified candidates at the Associate Professor rank will also be considered. Appointments will be in the University Campus either in Abu Dhabi or Al Ain, depending on the needs as determined at the beginning of the academic year. The selected candidates should be willing to reside in either Abu Dhabi or Al Ain and travel between the two campuses, if necessary.
Applicants from the following areas are encouraged to apply:
Faculty members report to the Department Chair and participate in the growth and development of the University. Faculty members will be engaged in teaching in the undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs, involved in research activities, and committed to university service.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• An earned doctorate from an accredited institute in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related area.
• A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship.
• Successful university teaching experience in undergraduate and graduate levels relevant to the academic rank.
• Strong research and publication record, or potential for publications and research in the case of fresh PhD graduates.
• Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
• Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity.
• Spirit of entrepreneurship and understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
• Familiarity with the new teaching media, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing media environment.