The College of Engineering (CoE) grew rapidly in the number of programs offered, number of faculty, and number of students. Today, the College became the largest engineering college in the country with over 2,600 students served by over 56 full-time faculty, 10 adjunct faculty, 16 full-time teaching and lab assistants, and 6 staff members. The Dept. of Chemical Engineering in the CoE is currently inviting applications for a full-time faculty position at the rank of Assistant Professor starting August 2019.
The appointment will be at either Al Ain or Abu Dhabi depending on the needs as they will be determined at the beginning of the academic year 2019-20. The selected candidate must be willing to reside in either Al Ain or Abu Dhabi and travel between the two campuses, if necessary.
• Bachelor’s degree and a Ph.D. Degree in Chemical Engineering earned from an accredited university
• Successful university teaching experience relevant to the academic rank.
• Strong research record or potential for publications and research.
• Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
• Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development.
• Familiarity with the new teaching media, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing media environment.
• Participate in course teaching and development and in student guidance.
• Develop Sustainable research and scholarly activities.
• Engage in departmental and institutional services.
Competitive tax-free compensation & benefits package.