Abu Dhabi University has been dedicated to offering internationally benchmarked undergraduate and postgraduate programs and has become one of the region’s leading centers of academic excellence. We have a vibrant and cosmopolitan student population of more than 7,000 students from over 70 nationalities enrolled in 24 undergraduate programs and 19 postgraduate programs, including our prestigious DBA.
• Abu Dhabi University is the first and only private higher education institution in the UAE to receive international accreditation from one of the six official accreditation bodies in the USA, the Western
• Association of Schools and Colleges’ Senior College and University Commission (WASC).
• The College of Engineering has earned international accreditation from ABET for five of its engineering and IT programs. In addition, the Bachelor of Architecture is the first & only program in the UAE to receive validation for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA), pending the final RIBA board approval.
• The College of Business Administration is within the niche ranks of only 1% of the world’s business programs that have earned international accreditation from both AACSB and EQUIS.
Building on this success, we are now looking to appoint new part time faculty members and education leaders from prestigious higher education institutions.
University College (UC) is the initial home of all new undergraduate students who are entering Abu Dhabi University (ADU). The College delivers the General Education courses at Abu Dhabi University. UC is currently inviting applications for faculty appointments in English for the Spring Semester of Academic Year 2018-19 (February - June 2019).
Qualifications and Requirements
• Minimum of an earned masters from an accredited institute in a discipline within relevant specialization.
• A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship in teaching.
• Successful university teaching experience, relevant to the academic rank.
• Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds.
• Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of student engagement & success, innovative thinking, and an understanding of the role of the university in student’s development for future work environment.
• Familiarity with the new teaching methods, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing environment.
• Valid UAE Residency Visa
• No Objection Letter from Sponsor