Reporting to the Dean and Department Chairs, faculty members will participate in the growth and development of the University. Faculty members will be engaged in teaching undergraduate and postgraduate students, research, training and consultancy.
· An earned doctorate from an accredited institute in a discipline within the specialization (with teaching experience in Geology)
· A record of outstanding achievement in higher education and scholarship
· University teaching experience complemented by a superior research and scholarly record
· Experience in the supervision of postgraduate students, preferred
· Excellent communication skills, a commitment to the importance of scholarship and diversity, a spirit of entrepreneurship and an understanding of the role of the university in economic development
· Understanding new media, visual communication and the need to equip students with the varied skills they must have to succeed in an ever-changing media environment
· Experience in working with people from different ethnic backgrounds