The Department of Education, within the College of Arts and Sciences at Abu Dhabi University, invites applications for a visiting faculty position at the rank of Associate/Assistant Professor in Curriculum and Instruction/ Teacher Education/ Educational Leadership, Educational Psychology, Special Education. The appointment will begin on August 20, 2018 or later. Applications will be accepted till the position is filled.
Associate Professor/Assistant Professor in curriculum and instruction/Educational Administration.
The Position: Duties include teaching graduate-level Curriculum and Instruction courses, advising graduate students, conducting research, and interfacing with local and national organizations. The successful candidate is expected to conduct an active research agenda that addresses the issues that curriculum leaders as well as educators and learners face. The applicant must have the ability to communicate clearly, utilize technology in instruction, and provide service to the department, college, university and profession.
• Ph.D. in Curriculum and Instruction (Science/ Mathematics) / Teacher Education/ Educational Leadership, Educational Psychology, Special Education
• Bilingual (Arabic and English)
• Successful experience teaching a range of Education courses at the graduate level.
• Higher Education teaching experience.
• Strong research interests and demonstrated scholarship.
• Familiarity with Education course content.
• Desire to collaborate successfully with colleagues and contribute to Education Department team.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Capable of building and maintaining successful relationships with diverse student populations.
• Experience in teaching graduate courses,
• Experience in mentoring/supervision of practicum students in multi-cultural settings.
• Experience with educational technology (higher education and in K-12 classrooms).
• Experience working with students at elementary and secondary level.