Project Specialist, Global Risks Report
|Target hire date:|
PROJECT SPECIALIST, GLOBAL RISKS REPORT
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Global Risks Report is one of the Forum’s flagship annual reports. It is a leading source of insight and analysis on emerging global risks, drawing on the inputs of global experts from numerous fields as well as on the results of an annual Global Risks Perception Survey. The report sits within the “System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Economic Progress” team, which seeks to engage leaders from government, business and civil society in identifying economic policies that will deliver broad-based, sustainable and inclusive improvement in human well-being.
Duties and Responsibilities
Global Risks Report (60%)
Reporting to the lead author of the report, the successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring the smooth management of the report production cycle. Key responsibilities include:
• Creating a production schedule and managing all deadlines
• Organizing meetings of the internal Global Risks team, and regular conference calls with the report’s Advisory Board and strategic partners
• Planning and conducting the annual Global Risks Perception Survey of experts and decision-makers in the Forum’s network of communities
• Co-designing (with the lead author) expert workshops and meetings, with full responsibility for subsequent logistics/implementation
• Coordinating any external editorial contributions to the report, including managing the feedback/review process
• Depending on editorial/content skills and experience, there may also be scope for the successful candidate to contribute to the writing of the report
• Risk-related sessions at the Forum’s annual and regional meetings: co-development with the lead author, including coding, invitations, etc.
• Liaising with in-house and external providers to coordinate the launch of the online version of the report and its accompanying data visualization tool
• General administrative support, including preparation of promotional material such as PowerPoint presentations
System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Economic Progress (40%)
In addition to the specific responsibilities related to the Global Risks Report, the role also involves a series of coordination responsibilities across the wider team:
• Managing weekly team meetings
• Invoice management; supporting the head of the team on budget reviews
• Coordinating team preparations ahead of annual meetings (managing deadlines and updates; producing a “grid” of planned sessions)
• Centralizing the project review process to ensure that team members comply with all internal administrative requirements for their projects
• Working with the team head as required on grant and other funding proposals
Qualifications and Skills
• University degree in business, marketing, hospitality or a field related to the subject matter of the Global Risks Report, with 2-3 years’ work experience
• Experience in international and global organizations would be an advantage, as would experience of working on content-driven projects
• Advanced project management skills, with experience coordinating the involvement of multiple stakeholders and tracking progress against deadlines
• Demonstrated service attitude and ability to collaborate across portfolios and with people with different functions and expertise
• Ability to work independently, maintaining attention to detail and quality in a fast-paced environment characterized by many moving parts
• Experience of providing organizational support for cross-functional teams
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with fluent English (written and spoken)
• Strong digital skills and mindset. Proficiency with Microsoft Office is a pre-requisite. Advanced Office skills would be a plus, as would knowledge of the Salesforce platform
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.