Practice Lead, Regional Impact Latin America
|Target hire date:|
PRACTICE LEAD, REGIONAL IMPACT LATIN AMERICA
SYSTEM INITIATIVE ON THE FUTURE OF ECONOMIC PROGRESS
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The World Economic Forum’s System Initiative on the Future of Economic Progress seeks to facilitate the conceptualization and implementation of a new growth model that delivers stronger, broader and more sustainable progress in living standards. It does so through multistakeholder dialogue, multidisciplinary analysis and benchmarking, and strategic engagement with governments and corporations to help them apply leading policies and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Practice Lead will act as the System Initiative’s focal point for the Latin America and the Caribbean region. In this capacity, the Practice Lead will:
• Conduct research for reports and background papers, and authors opinion pieces
• Co-design and co-organize activities in the region in close cooperation with other Forum teams, including high-level multistakeholder workshops and sessions at Forum events
• Participate in other dissemination opportunities, such as conferences and forums
• Handle internal and external requests, including from the media
• Engage with regional constituents, maintain and develop a network of stakeholders
Furthermore, the Practice Lead will carry out quantitative research and will be actively involved in the development, upgrading, validation and computation of various composite indicators. In this context, he/she will gather data, collaborate with data providers, perform calculations and conduct data exploration and empirical analysis.
In close collaboration with the Head of Research, the Practice Lead will contribute to the team’s projects, including flagship publications such as The Global Competitiveness Report. He/she will lead other projects and work streams, including but not limited to, building and managing expert communities, and participates in institutional projects. He/she will provide support to the senior members of the team.
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s degree or PhD in economics or other discipline related to economic development
• At least 5 years of relevant experience in government, international organizations, think tanks or business
• Excellent general knowledge of economic principles and demonstrated experience in economic policy analysis in both advanced and developing economies
• Track record in applied quantitative and qualitative economic research and policy analysis for both specialist and non-specialist audiences
• Strong quantitative skills, demonstrated through relevant projects and studies
• Demonstrated proficiency in Excel and at least one econometric package. Knowledge of business intelligence software and data visualization tools is a strong advantage
• Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish; excellent communication and diplomacy skills, with the ability to engage with audiences at the highest level
• Experience in managing large complex projects involving multiple stakeholders from conceptualization to conclusion
• Capacity to innovate, developing and applying independent critical thinking to existing and new projects
• Strong team player, and able to collaborate with various stakeholders in different cultures and geographies
If you meet these requirements, please apply online and provide us with your CV and a cover letter describing your motivations for applying.