Airport Development Manager
(based in Budapest)
Purpose of the position:
The Airport Development Manager reports to the Head of Airport Development and is primarily responsible for negotiating and contracting attractive airport, ground handling deals and marketing programs for Wizz Air, as well as managing the business and contractual relationships with his/her portfolio of airports, regions, tourism bodies and other organizations involved in the development. Furthermore the Airport Development Manager is responsible for identifying, negotiating and presenting new airport opportunities to Commercial Management, by close coordination with the Network Development and Scheduling Department.
- Identify new low cost airports across Europe and liaise with the Network Development Team to identify and assess attractive opportunities for Wizz Air. Working with the network management and revenue management teams to determine new routes and bases to add to the network.
- Develop and manage relationship with the airports, ground handling partners and other organizations in the countries and regions under her/his responsibility.
- Maintain relationships across the industry and participate on route conferences and other forums to meet airports.
- Manage the contracting of all deals concluded with the support of Legal Department.
- Developing forecasts and proposals to improve efficiency and reduce costs. Providing ad-hoc reports on airport cost related issues to the Head of Airport Development and to Finance, Controlling. Introducing any airport or ground handling related changes in charges and fees into the relevant airport data sheet immediately.
- Act as a key contact person for airport and ground handling partners throughout the duration of the contract with respect to commercial matters. Aligning and managing the communication process between the airport development and operational departments.
- Develop relationships to Ministries of Transportation and Tourism and other regional or governmental bodies in the countries Wizz Air operates to support the airport development efforts.
- Be ready to present or represent Wizz Air as needed on different forums (press conference, media event, official meetings, or similar) in the countries and regions under responsibility.
- Feedback the information and market intelligence from the field to the rest of the commercial organization: passenger traffic, competitive entries/exits, market news, etc.
- Participate in the preparation of the yearly airport and ground handling budget and follow-up with Head of function and Controlling on the monthly cost development and progress of cost saving projects.
- Participate in the new base opening projects, by pro-actively supporting the other deals needed for a new base (crew room, fuel supply, parking, transfers, etc.).
- Organizing and managing airport/Ground Handling Agency selection tenders.
- Set up action plans airport by airport on the basis of the yearly plan to achieve the agreed and approved targets and to meet the budget with the respective airports and ground handlers.
- Supervise checking of airport invoices and reports, liaise with Ap-s to handle discrepancies.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Conclude signed contracts according to the planned deadlines
- Achieve and contract the best available deal, price or cost level per AP
- Achieve the budgeted unit cost levels by service provider/market
- YoY unit cost decrease by airport/market and by service provider/market
- Completed college or university degree
- Strong business English in speaking and writing
- Second language is an advantage
- Advanced/proven negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication, presentation and influencing skills
- Experience/knowledge related to purchasing or sales; airports related experience is a plus, but not a requirement
- Experience in financial modeling and analysis
- Advanced computer skills
- A self-motivated individual with demonstrated capacity for ownership, and responsibility
- Ability to work independently with strong drive towards exceeding the set goals
- Ability to travel abroad frequently
If you would like to join the dynamic team of Wizz Air, please apply here and attach your English CV.