Based in Geneva
The position is primarily responsible for Wizz Air’s marketing and advertising activities in a cluster of countries or across the overall network, based out of Geneva. Scope of the role includes business analysis and planning, as well as proposing and executing the marketing support plans, including initiative development, creative development, web program development, alliance marketing, and social media or other internet base initiatives. The marketing manager will have full control of budgeting through to execution in their markets as well as working on development of digital and customer experience enhancing initiatives.
- Proposing and managing the annual Marketing Plan for the respective region, being responsible for the strategy in each WIZZ market
- Working closely with other members of the team to have comprehensive market reviews (mid year and yearly), market planning (KPIs tracking and budgeting), campaign media planning and budgeting.
- Working together with the company’s other commercial departments to diagnose developments areas and identify opportunities and support them with marketing initiatives
- Actively working on promotions and marketing campaign, including definition of key communication messages, design of creative, ensuring brand consistency and managing media companies
- Being the lead on offline media planning.
- Responsible for Airport Branding and Airport Cooperation - Leading various design marketing projects to be implemented across all regions, including airport signage and ancillary services branding and marketing initiatives
- Identifying, implementing and managing the most effective marketing tools and channels to create awareness of the agreed key communication messages
- Working closely with the PR function and agencies to ensure adequate and timely management of external category related news (including business disruption related news and events) to protect and enhance the reputation of the airline
- Identifying potential business partners and external business opportunities, and turning these opportunities into tangible revenue gains
- Maintaining efficient working relationships with agencies, business partners and key opinion leaders in the region
- Managing marketing budget efficiently and accurately.
- Being an active participant in product creation teams to ensure customer insights and brand needs are taken into account.
- Min. 5 years of experience in the field of marketing and/or brand management
- Mastery in brand building and consumer understanding
- Project leadership experience in ATL or BTL development
- Strong analytical skills and ability to transfer data knowledge into actions
- Digital native and understanding of digital media
- Experience in strategic planning (markets analysis, marketing strategy definition, campaign planning and budgeting, etc.)
- University / college degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Creative and confident, with excellent interpersonal skills and attention to details
- Resilient, have a passion for working in the dynamically growing airline industry
- Ability to work well under pressure ensuring tasks are prioritized and goals are met
- Has stamina, good presentation and communication skills
- Result-oriented, persistent, dependable and consistent
- Self-motivated and proactive, willing to take initiative and shoulder responsibility
- Ready to travel