Ground Operations Manager
Purpose of the position:
Ground Operations Manager is responsible for all aspects of the safe, cost-effective and punctual running of their allocated base(s) operation, plus a number of satellite stations on the Wizz Air network. This manager will own and maintain all local relationships at their nominated base(s) and satellite airports from airport and handling to state departments. The position will ensure that Wizz Air has the best possible representation in the local market, and that business is conducted in keeping with both Wizz Air’s and EU regulations. This manager will ensure that all key internal stakeholders from CEO level down are kept fully informed and are suitably represented as required on all issues concerning the local market and operation. This role will be the most senior representative of Wizz Air at the nominated locations and, as such, will represent Wizz Air at a senior level on both operational and commercial matters. This position will provide support elsewhere in the Wizz Air network, at current and future locations served, as required. The Ground Operations Manager will report to the Head of Ground Operations of the Company.
- Lead and manage the airline’s ground handling suppliers and airport companies at the nominated base(s) and satellite airports to deliver targeted performance outcomes in all areas of safety, compliance, cost control and operational performance.
- Ensure that ground handling companies and airport operations comply with Wizz Air’s safety standards at all times.
- Manage cost in line with budget and deliver ever lower cost operational solutions and arrangements with the growth of the airline, achieving volume based discounts. Identify all new opportunities for operational improvement and/or cost savings in the nominated area of responsibility.
- Ensure scalable growth for the nominated base(s) and satellite airports in all areas including, but not limited to, the start-up of new operational locations, the increasing of base sizes, alternate and diversion arrangements and close management of any disruption.
- Contribution to preparation of standard ground handling agreement (SGHA) templates.
- Execution of full scale supplier (organizational) audits and management of other GOMs in audit planning, reporting and follow-up.
- Management of trainings and training schedule of GOMs.
- Participation in internal and external quality/compliance related cross-functional projects.
- Involvement in bird & wildlife management monitoring.
- Provision of support to OCC in management of disrupted flights and relevant customer care.
- Undertaking of station visits and relevant audits/inspections/trainings as well as follow up on outstanding items as Air Safety reports, mystery passenger report, audit findings and other findings within the confines of Ground Operations processes.
- Support the Ground Operations Team in activities across the network as required General administration and reporting duties.
- Ability to live and work in Cluj-Napoca
- Fluent English and Romanian speaker
- Educated to Degree/University level
- Advanced negotiation skills
- Creative and proactive personality with „can do” approach
- Leadership skills
- Experienced with working to deliver company’s KPIs
- Proven experience in the aviation industry – primarily operational, but also commercial
- Airside Safety Awareness
- Time flexibility and ability to travel
- Advanced computer skills