Travelzoo® provides our 28 million members insider deals and one-of-a-kind experiences personally reviewed by one of our deal experts around the globe. With more than 25 offices worldwide we have our finger on the pulse of outstanding travel, entertainment, and lifestyle experiences. For 20 years we have worked in partnership with more than 2,000 top travel suppliers—our long-standing relationships allow us access to the very best deals.
For our offices in Berlin we are seeking an Assistant Publisher (m/f/d).In this role, you are part of the publishing team of Travelzoo. You are responsible for collaborating with multiple departments to produce, approve and deliver deals that inspire and delight our 2 million+ members in Germany. For this position, you should possess a strong editorial background and a passion for publishing quality travel and lifestyle deals. Furthermore, you enjoy working in a team and demonstrate entrepreneurial thinking.
- Decide with the publishing team which offers are presented to our 2 million+ members in Germany
- Your focus are local deals and hotels
- Edit and validate deal submissions by checking supplied research
- Copyedit the content provided by producers
- Write inspiring and concise text and headlines
- Analysis of our members’ reading habits and set up editorial calendars for our team
- Strategize with other teams to ensure our members receive the most relevant offers in a timely manner and develop value-driven deals our members love
- Maintain the editorial integrity of our publications
- Degree educated (or equivalent experience)
- Minimum 1-2 years of professional experience in an editorial role, ideally in an online media company, with a focus on online content management
- Thorough understanding of editorial and journalistic principles
- Knowledge of the tourism and lifestyle industry is a plus
- Passion for outstanding deals and reader-oriented presentation
- Strong communication skills, attention to detail and responsible attitude
- Excellent German skills (native language level) as well as fluent English skills
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Travel perks, including an annual stipend to experience Travelzoo’s deals
- Systematic and individual training as well as promotion through personal coaching
- Entrepreneurial culture with global career development
- International mentoring programs and e-learning options
- Outstanding working conditions and modern offices in the heart of Berlin
If you are a globally minded professional who thrives in a collaborative environment and values a meaningful career, then we want to work with you!