OMA’s Rotterdam office is looking for an Assistant Controller, who will work as a team member in the Finance department and report directly to Finance Director/CFO.
The Finance department is responsible for the accounting of all offices and branch offices globally. The financial project management of all OMA projects worldwide is handled from the Rotterdam office
The working language in the Finance department is Dutch, while in the company it is English. The candidates must feel comfortable to work in an international environment.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in all aspects of financial management, including partnership and corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, budget and forecasts preparation, as well as development of internal control policies and procedures.
This is a temporary position for a maternity coverage. This position is offered based on a 7 months contract of 32 – 40 hours per week.
- Responsible for the financial project management of various OMA projects, includes communication with the project leader and preparation of sales invoices, as well as the quarterly project reporting.
- Actively follow up with OMA staff, to have their timesheets filled and approved correctly and promptly;
- Involved in the regular processes within the Finance department, such as the petty cash, bank statements, vendor invoices, expense reports and company credit cards;
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of regulatory reporting including annual and periodic program review audits;
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting;
- HBO degree, preferably in business economics or in business administration;
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a similar position;
- Experienced in working with Maconomy or other accounting software like Exact;
- Experience and/or knowledge about Deltek Maconomy is ideal;
- Proven experience with Microsoft office (Word, Outlook and Excel);
- Full professional proficiency in both Dutch and English is a must;
- Accurate and detail-oriented with hands-on approach;
- Pro-active and self-disciplined with team spirit;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively;
- Working legibility in the Netherlands is preferred;
We offer career opportunities in a leading firm in the creative industry. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The selected candidate is expected to start on October 1, 2019.
To apply, please use our online application form to upload your cover letter and resume in English.