OMA is looking for an Architect with specialised skills in computational design to join the Digital Design and Technology Team in Rotterdam. This is a non-project role providing technical support to the studio’s Architects, supporting their digital delivery, using design authoring tools.
The Computational Design Specialist (CDS) is a key role within the studio’s Digital Design and Technology Team supporting all projects through all stages leveraging project delivery experience & computational design. Responsibilities include technical upskilling and mentoring Architects to facilitate their becoming more efficient, productive and familiar with the digital design strategy, technology and workflows. This is to be achieved through project engagement and timely recognition of opportunities to use digital computational tools (i.e. Dynamo) to enhance project productivity and identification of training needs. This is a dynamic role within the Digital Design & Technology Team including content and workflow creation whilst developing best practice.
Excellent communication skills are required at all times. As part of this, the CDS will integrate into project teams for extended periods as required, lead training sessions, provide regular project progress updates to the BIM Manager which will be used to inform standards, processes and staff resourcing.
- Organise, configure and maintain studio computational design workflows between authoring tools and output; advance and query OMA’s approach to digital design
- Support project team(s) on a broad range of challenging international projects
- Provide one-to-one mentoring on digital design ‘Best Practice’ workflows to project teams as required
- Handle ad-hoc queries regarding OMA’s software use and tools
- Develop and deliver OMA’s digital design and technology workshops
- Ensure OMA digital design procedures, standards and workflows are applied and communicated to project teams
- Liaising with other members of Digital Design and Technology Team to ensure changes in procedure, standards and workflows are effectively communicated
- Provide production assistance where necessary
Qualities and Skills:
- Experience working in an architectural design and project delivery environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with Computational Design on BIM Level 2 large scale projects with the Autodesk Building Design Suite
- Advanced and comprehensive knowledge of Dynamo (Grasshopper is a bonus)
- Strong working knowledge of Revit and Revit family creation
- Experience in delivering software/process training to new and existing users
- Self-motivated and capable of autonomous work to drive efficiency throughout the studio; able to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to short and long term tasks
- Able to work on more than one project simultaneously
- Excellent communication skills (English language spoken in the studio)
- Excellent organisation skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Resilient to cope with conflicting demands, able to prioritise duties and work effectively under pressure while remaining calm and professional at all times
- Willing to autonomously and continuously develop new skills beyond their core knowledge
- Interest in current BIM-related developments, tools and software
- Architecture degree or equivalent
To application, please use our online application form to upload your resume and work-samples.