MPC is one of the world's leading post production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for feature films, advertising, music and television. Technology is at the heart of the company, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team who develop and maintain the infrastructure on which the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy for a Systems Technical Assistant in the Systems team supporting the Film department. The role offers the successful candidate potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
· Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows.
· Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
· Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
· Calibrate artist monitors.
· Coordinate with and help other members of the Systems team.
· Various ad-hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· A keen interest in computer hardware and systems technology.
· Friendly, excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
· Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
· An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
· Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
· A degree in a technology related field.
· Linux experience.
· Programming or scripting experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.