MPC is one of the world's leading post production facilities creating high-end digital visual effects for feature films, advertising, music and television. Technology is at the heart of the company, and a key part of the organization is the Systems team who develop and maintain the infrastructure on which the visual effects are created.
There is currently a vacancy for a Junior Systems Support Engineer in the Systems team supporting the Film department. The role offers the successful candidate potential to advance their technical skills, plus experience with state-of-the-art technology and an opportunity to learn from experienced colleagues. If you have a sharp technical mind, enjoy computing, Linux especially, and want to be a part of some very high profile productions, then this is the place for you.
· Provide friendly face to face and phone support for VFX Artists using Linux and Windows.
· Help troubleshoot application issues, OS issues, networking problems and login issues.
· Perform software installs.
· Set up, move and install workstations to meet production requirements.
· Troubleshoot, repair and RMA workstation hardware.
· Calibrate artist monitors.
· Coordinate with and help other members of the Systems team.
· Provide late cover on a rotational shift pattern.
· Various ad-hoc project work.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
· 1+ years experience working in a Systems/IT support position.
· Knowledge and a keen interest in computer hardware and systems technology.
· Knowledge of Linux including command line.
· Knowledge of Windows including installation and configuration.
· An understanding of servers, networking, storage and render systems for troubleshooting purposes.
· Excellent people skills and a desire to be part of a team.
· Self-motivated, proactive and able to work under pressure.
· An ability to prioritise workload and respond quickly to important issues.
· Enthusiastic with a commitment to learn.
· Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related area.
· Programming or scripting experience.
· Mac OS X experience.
· Experience of troubleshooting creative programs such as Maya, Nuke or Photoshop.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in the dynamic world of film visual effects. If you are interested please apply online.