We are currently recruiting for a Store People Manager to be based at our Norwich store.
Please note this role will include Saturday working and a car driver is required.
Successful applicants will be invited to interviews taking place on Friday 17th June.
As a Store People Manager you will manage an effective HR and people function through the consistent delivery of key people policies and procedures along with successful delivery of store KPI results against targets. Support the Store Manager in creating a high achieving, capable and engaged Store Leadership Team who consistently attain outstanding performance. Recruit and train resource to meet the needs of the business, identifying and developing talent to feed the succession pipeline. Set the direction, influence, coach and guide management on all people related matters.
With people at the top of our agenda the Store People Manager role will work in close partnership with key stakeholders across the business to align the business strategy and people strategy allowing us to develop outstanding people plans, driving both people and business performance and making Morrisons a great place to work.
What would my responsibilities be as a Store People Manager?
The Store People Manager reports directly to the Store Manager. It's a unique senior role for confident retail relationship builders who can bring the best out of their people. This is a fast paced operational retail role, with shop floor as your office and a hands on remit to make sure that the right people are developing at pace, at the right time and at the right cost.
Duties range from recruitment and training and development to succession planning to payroll control to change management and building links with the community. You may even be running the store as Duty Manager. It's all about making sure your store is improving it's skills and relationships at every level, delivering business results as a people oriented business.
What will I need to be successful in the Store People Manager role?
• Experienced HR professional or retail professional with HR experience
• CIPD qualified is an advantage
• Great relationship management and partnering skills with clear commercial acumen
• Adaptable influencing and stakeholder management skills
• Strong customer focus
• Experience in improving employee engagement and acting upon employee feedback
• Able to remain highly effective in changing business circumstances
• An innovative approach to problem solving
• Flexibility to work variable hours including early mornings, evenings and working 5 days out of 7 across the week
• Ability to build effective working relationships
• Excellent eye for detail & strong IT skills
Our aim to offer more of what matters extends to our employees too. Join us and you can expect to enjoy great career prospects and a very competitive pay and benefits package. In addition to an attractive salary, we offer:
• 3 discount cards for you and a friend or family members giving you 10% off your shopping in Morrisons. company share options
• A highly competitive pension scheme
• Life Assurance
• Private medical and more besides.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.