Our client has world leading online trading platforms for spread betting and CFD, with offices across the globe. For their London office they are now looking for a Localisation Operations Manager (Head of Localisation) who will lead a team of project manager, translators and content managers across EMEA.
The Operations Manager will work closely with Marketing Managers and Project Managers in all offices to optimize the native user experience delivered across all of the company’s languages, channels and products.
You will drive consistency, efficiency and scalability of the localisation function with teams across the business. The ability to balance time-to-market with a solution and make the right trade-offs to achieve the highest level of quality and operational efficiency in all geographies is critical. You will report on the localisation team’s performance and monitor international roll-outs and project progress on a regular basis.
- Engage stakeholders in improving the strategic planning of marketing and IT projects at the requirements gathering and elaboration stages, so localisation is built into wider business processes and there is a proactive approach to internationalization.
- Prioritise projects, define scope, implement the right solution and ensure timely delivery.
- Monitor progress against project schedules to ensure the right balance of internal and external translation resource, and problem solve when issues / priority changes occur.
Development and Implementation
- Identify process and tool improvements while driving implementation with the relevant teams.
- Increase the use of CAT tools to gain leverage from Translation Memories, and improve integration with CMS and other systems to create a smoother localisation workflow.
- Work with cross-functional teams, including product owners, project managers, technical and creative teams, local marketing managers and other internal stakeholders to ensure effective communication and collaboration. Ensure a feedback loop is in place.
- Establish new processes and quality control guidelines to ensure regional translations and content development is on brand, on message and meets quality standards.
Management and Reporting
- Oversee language productivity and quality control metrics to provide a clearer understanding of time-to-market and operational localisation costs.
- Line management of a team consisting of 1 Project Manager and 14 Translators and Content Editors covering the EMEA region.
- Led communications to internal stakeholders and report on localisation metrics.
- Facilitate open communication between local marketing, internal content and third party teams to ensure new processes are implemented effectively and quality standards are met.
- Manage the relationship with third party vendor to ensure effective use of external translation resource at peak periods, or when targeting new languages.
- Manage the central localisation budget to cover outsourcing of translations and any technology or system investments as required.
REQUIREMENTS & COMPETENCIES
- Degree in languages, marketing, communications or related subject.
- Knowledge of localisation industry tools and standards.
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Additional languages are beneficial.
- 3-5 years’ experience working with vendors and in-house localisation teams.
- Project management skill set: identifying aims, defining scope, managing risks, coordinating deliverable and timelines.
- Ability to effectively communicate information and respond to questions from across the business as well as from external suppliers.
- Good business judgment when making decisions and always considers the relevance/impact of each decision on the business.
- Exhibits integrity though fair and ethical behaviour toward others and a demonstrated sense of corporate responsibility and commitment.
- Acknowledges mistakes, learns from those events and is able to move forward productively.
- Manage teams in remote locations
- Is able to multi-task and work to numerous tight deadlines.
- Pro-actively solves problems.
We welcome applicants who are eligible to work in the UK.
Please apply online. For more information contact Inger Larsen at email@example.com.