Lead Vendor Manager EU projects Athens (with relocation assistance)
|# of openings:||1|
We are recruiting for an international translation company with offices in several location. Having won large EU contracts with translations in over 120 language combinations, they are now looking for a Lead Vendor Manager to manage the vendor selection team. Experience from working on EU and/or European Parliament projects will be very useful. This position is office based out of Athens. The company offers to pay for travel and to help find accommodation.
The Vendor Management Lead coordinates the day-to-day activities and workload of Vendor Managers. The Vendor Management Lead is responsible for the execution of the company’s upper management directions, regarding the company strategy in respect to vendor management, ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the Vendor Management Process. The Vendor Management Lead is responsible to build a network of reliable and dedicated vendors, per language combination and contract/industry, maintain it and enhance it as the company’s needs will evolve, change and adapt to market needs.
Tasks & responsibilities:
· Coordinate, manage and monitor the day to day functionality of the Vendor Management Process.
· Supervise Vendor Managers and allocate the appropriate resources as per the company’s needs.
· Collect and analyze Vendor Managers Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), deriving the mean values, together with the individual’s KPI.
· Establish and improve Vendor Management processes, procedures and work instructions in support of operational and organizational goals.
· Target setting of the Vendor Management function/department, as per the company’s current and future vendor needs.
· Cooperation and coordination with company functions/departments, for defining and resolving current and future vendor needs.
· Selection, interviewing, recruitment, evaluation of vendors, freelancers for all company contracts/projects and markets.
· Urgent staffing, applying problem-solving techniques, by checking availability of all vendors via telephone calls and e-mails.
· Running the trainings and induction courses on the CAT Tools and company procedures through live webinars.
· Check resource availability for all language combinations, assisting the PM department.
· Holding coordination meetings with the Vendor Management team; participating and contributing to other functional/departmental meetings.
· Negotiation of rates with all new and existing vendors.
· Search/Find cost-effective solutions in terms of vendors.
· Performance monitoring of new vendor in terms of productivity, time and quality.
· Support to the Sales Department in responding to requests regarding vendor’s costs in order to configure the more advantageous offer to the customer.
Salary: Negotiable, depending on experience.
Please apply online. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results