Client-side Translation Manager/Translator in Paris - French mother-tongue
|# of openings:||1|
Our client is a very large global insurance company with offices across the world. They specialise in insurance for large commercial and industrial property, machinery and cargo. Areas of activities include risk management, loss prevention, site evaluation, product certification and claims services.
For their office in Paris there is now an opening for an experienced French mother tongue Translation Manager and Translator with experience in translating technical, legal and insurance material. The role is approximately 75% management and 25% hands-on translation work. There are 4 translators to manage, 3 in-house and 1 remote.
You will be working as part of a global team, and also manage local vendor relationships, predominantly for English to French, with additional target languages including Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Hebrew and Arabic.
• Responsible for recruitment, development and training of translation staff. Develops topical expertise within translation staff for each type of translation task.
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships, at the local level, with various internal and external partners across the localization supply chain, as required to successfully execute the corporate localization strategy.
• Liaises with local discipline managers and local subject matter experts to ensure integration of localized Client Service strategy and terminology into final product.
• Supervises the integrity of corporate glossaries, terminology databases, style guides and translation memories where applicable.
• Translates and localizes, from English to French, a variety of materials, including technical (engineering/construction) and legal documents as well as marketing materials and other client facing products
• Provides local project management for localization projects
• Complies and submits management information relative to quality, volume, and cost and turnaround time for all translators and translation tasks.
• University degree or equivalent / 5+ years experience in technical writing and translation.
Native French speaker. Fluency in and superior command of grammar in both English and native language.
• Demonstrated, strong supervisory skills & project management skills.
• Ability to direct and participate in teams.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Proficiency with MS Office suite of tools.
• Experience with translation software highly desirable.
Relocation: The company does NOT offer relocation assistance for this position. They will, however, consider reimbursing people for travel to a personal interview.
Please apply online. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Are you a returning applicant?
|Back to Search Results