For our customer, a leading Localization Service Provider with a global presence, we are looking for a:
Localization and Translation Team Lead (Tokyo)
- Train, support and provide feedback to Ops Director on project managers' performance within designated production teams, manage workload ensuring tasks are allocated evenly within the team. Monitor that team follow established procedures consistently for every aspect of the projects they handle.
- Organize/attend production-related client meetings, coordinate process review on main accounts and follow up. Create and develop linguistic specialists' translations tools used for these accounts (Translation Memories, style guides, glossaries, account information, etc.) and develop efficient workflows to maximize the use of these resources.
- Exercise sound judgment in keeping Operations Director informed of potential difficulties such as issues affecting cost and turn-around.
- Hands-on production involvement when required.
- Carry out risk assessment.
- Ensure that within the team all work is assigned and completed on time, at appropriate profit levels and within budget.
- Ensure all work follows all the approved processes and meets company quality standards.
- Monitor, manage and escalate complaints.
- Monitor project managers’ performance against key performance indicators.
- Continually identify areas of efficiency and implement strategies to improve processes.
- Organise and monitor resource needs and escalate where appropriate.
- Manage team of PMs, monitor team capacity and escalate issues.
- Manage team holidays, sickness, absence, discipline and appraisals.
- Identify team’s training requirements and action as required.
- Drive effective communication and excellence in performance within the team.
- Provide support for sales in relation to existing business.
- Work as bridge between sales and operations to implement new opportunities.
- Monitor sales forecast and annual strategy.
- Work closely with vendor management and technology departments to ensure successful delivery of work.
- Degree level or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in project management.
- Native level Japanese and excellent written and spoken skills in English.
- Proficient computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat, html, xml). Strong knowledge of DTP software (QuarkXPress, Framemaker).
- Experience in the use of CAT tools as well as glossary and file management tools.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills.
- Focused on goals and the overall team and company objectives.
- Strong business acumen.
- Self-motivated and pro-active.
- Detail and service oriented.
- Professional and customer service oriented, with the ability to manage client relationships and expectations.
- Ability to multi task in a deadline driven environment.
- Adaptable and flexible to a changing work environment.
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Excellent presentation and formal and informal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong leadership skills.
If you are interested please send your resume in English and Japanese to email@example.com or apply online on our website.