For our customer, a global leader in the entertainment industry we are looking for a:
Regional Language Manager - Southeast Asian languages (Singapore)
- Provide cultural & linguistic consultancy, localization advocacy, and influence other teams within the company in order to deliver the best possible user experience to our APAC members.
- Gain deep product knowledge and awareness of product data for the APAC region.
- Work closely with our vendors’ Language Leads to define and monitor quality standards for the designated languages.
- Develop a language support strategy, using localization vendors and freelance resources, by building, training and maintaining individual translation and review teams for each of the languages/markets supported.
- Work closely with the translation team and the QC team to anticipate, identify and fix linguistic and product issues related to the region.
- Provide creative input in adapting content linked to company priorities, in close partnership with the Marketing team.
- Experience in language or localization resource management.
- Marketing and PR translation experience, with the right mix of linguistic skills in one of the following languages: Thai, Vietnamese or Indonesian.
- Experience in creative writing and media/journalism a plus.
- Deep understanding of localization specificities and pitfalls.
- Knowledge of the movie/entertainment industry in Southeast Asia region, and more specifically in Thailand, Vietnam or Indonesia.
- Knowledge of industry CAT tools, as well as translation and terminology tools.
- Fluency in English. Excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to show initiative and work independently.
Competitive compensation and relocation package.