Our client is a very large global insurance company with offices across the world. They specialize in insurance for large commercial and industrial property, machinery and cargo. Areas of activities include risk management, loss prevention, site evaluation, product certification and claims services.
For their office in Sao Paolo there is now an opening for an experienced Brazilian Portuguese mother tongue level Translation and Localization Manager with a translation and project manager background. The focus will be on candidates with experience in translating/reviewing technical, legal and insurance material. We are looking for someone with excellent English and preferably LA Spanish as well. The in-house team is quite small, and they use freelancers and vendor companies. Up to about 25% of the time will be spent on people management, with the rest of the time on fast paced project/workflow management tasks and QA of policies.
• Manages translation staff and contributes to customer satisfaction by delivering high quality
translations in a timely manner
• Develops and maintains collaborative relationships at the local level with various internal and
external partners across the localization supply chain, as required to successfully execute the
corporate localization strategy. Entities include Operations management and staff as well as
• Supervises the integrity of corporate glossaries, terminology databses, style guides and
translation memories where applicable
• Supervises the translation work for:
- engineering material, including risk reports, data sheets, bulletins
- policy wording/clauses
- claims and engineering correspondence
- marketing content, including press releases
- client training materials
- client service support documents and financial reports
• Performs detailed quality check of translated policy wording/clauses in both Brazilian Portuguese
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in translation or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in translation and localization, with partiuclar emphasis on Legal and/or Insurance
• Native level fluency in Brazilian Portuguese and fluency in English (we can accept applicants who are from a Latin American Spanish country with extensive experience of the Brazilian Portuguese language)
• Superior command of grammar in both English and native language
• Spanish language knowledge is highly desirable
• Demonstrated strong supervisory skills
• Demonstrated project management skills
• Ability to direct and participate in teams
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with MS Office suite of tools
• Experience with translation software is required
This position is office based out of our client's Sao Paulo office.
What they offer:
A dynamic and challenging work environment that is personally and professionaly
rewarding. There is a wide range of growth and career opportunities worldwide. Professional
development is an integral part of the company philosophy, thus their employees are engaged in appropriate
international and national training and development programs.
The compensation package includes a competitive base salary (reviewed and adjusted annually) plus an annual bonus based on company
results, merit increases linked to performance, life and medical insurance, dental care, private
pension plan with company contribution, meal allowance and more.
Please apply online. For further information please contact email@example.com.