Worldwide strategic role with responsibilities for building and developing Canonicals business with leading Software Platform ISVs and partners, This role will work cross-functionally within Canonical to drive building this business. Canonical is transforming the way the world uses open-source software and is a recognized leader in Linux software. We produce Ubuntu for both client compute devices and servers. Ubuntu's use in the enterprise setting is now growing at an unprecedented rate. Ubuntu Server is increasingly the server operating system of choice for cloud (IaaS, PaaS), big data and web workloads.
This role presents an exciting challenge for an energetic self-starter who is interested in working at a leading edge software company that is at the heart of the fastest growing sector of today's technology industry.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Identify, Qualify, Close and Develop targeted partners globally to promote Canonical Cloud Solutions and achieve revenue targets (Ubuntu, OpenStack, Kubernetes, and Juju)
- Develop, promote and execute on multi-year business plan including milestones, KPIs, quarterly executive reports.
- Manage Software Platform Partners and other accounts assigned including but not limited to Pivotal, Mesosphere, VMWare, Citrix and Oracle.
- Ensure that business plan lands successfully in the Canonical and partner field, and yields the expected results. Identify and support marketing in executing well-targeted marketing campaigns and marketing messaging.
- Engage with Engineering Services and Cloud Product Team to help define product offerings and engagements that align with core Canonical Cloud Strategy.
- Develop overall sales and alliances goals including quarterly executive scorecard. Candidate should:
- Proactively recognize conflicting priorities and propose solutions.
- Work with regional counterparts to ensure buy in and execution against a global plan.
- Represent Canonical across geographical boundaries with the cultural sensitivity and business maturity appropriate to corporate access and level of responsibility involved.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Must have at least 5 years of Software and Cloud Platform sales, business development, product management, P&L and alliance development experience with a track record of creating revenue growth in excess of $5M annually.
- Knowledge of cloud and scale out solutions.
- Knowledge of Software, OEMs and ISVs Platforms in the USA.
- Ability to attract, convince and establish strategic partnerships with large organizations at all levels of an organization, specifically including at CxO level.
- Strong negotiation skills required, this person will be primary in leading contract and partnership negotiations.
- Advanced university degree preferably in Computer Sciences, Computer Engineering, Engineering or Sciences.
- Superior English language communication skills, including verbal, written, and presentation forms.
- Ability to effectively Forecast sales and use SalesForce.com as a CRM tool.
- Ability to work with Canonical's highly distributed team and be at ease in a matrix managed environment and a culturally diverse company.
- Business astute and good technical grounding. Must have a good understanding of developing partnerships.
- Good commercial awareness and ability to quickly assimilate elements from the market that will accelerate revenue acquisition: i.e. specific needs within vertical markets, requirements for localization, key events etc.
- Experience with Linux, Cloud, Orchestration, and Service offerings
- Fluency in other languages a plus.
- Software Platform knowledge would be a plus.
- Open source knowledge would be a plus.
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer.