The New Business Development Manager within Canonical is a pivotal role for generating new business opportunities and earning profitable revenue from customers and prospects . The BDM will manage the entire sales process from lead generation through to closure and successful handover to the account team.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Meet and exceed monthly sales quota
- Proactively generate, qualify and close new business opportunities.
- Responsible for full sales cycle from strategic engagement, generating lead to closure and handover
- Work collaboratively with Solutions Engineers and account teams to perform technical feasibility assessments and host workshops to ensure that Customer solutions meet the customer’s present needs and support their future growth requirements.
- Maintain a clear understanding of customer's business needs and how Canonical is aligned with them
- Seek referrals and recommendations from prospects and partners to increase pipeline
- Develop strategic, commercial relationships with channel partners to find and develop new opportunities for Canonical
- Carry out effective internal business relations at appropriate levels to facilitate the achievement of financial and non-financial goals for Canonical.
- Maintain an accurate weekly forecast for opportunities due to close through keeping accurate records within Canonical’s customer/prospect management system
- Adhere to all company policies and procedures
- Contribute to Customer satisfaction
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 10 years of success developing software business and/or OpenSource project .
- Clear knowledge of the software market, Strong knowledge in software- modeling and configuration management,
- Understanding of Open Source product sales
- Knowledge of the sales life cycle.
- Negotiation skills
- Cost ownership
- Solution fit to bu
KEY COMPETENCE AREA:
- Exemplary relationship and networking skills
- Prospecting, cold calling skills
- Qualifying and recognising a real opportunity
- Business/commercial acumen
Canonical is an equal opportunity employer