About the job
The Technical delivery team sits within Engineering and Operations, this role of Technical Project manager will report into the Head of Technical delivery and act as an entrance to the teams within Engineering and Operation. The team is responsible for the planning and delivery of critical internal and external projects across the business.
The key purpose of the role is to drive both strategic and tactical projects via effective communication and organisation through to successful completion within time, cost and quality targets. It will be important to understand the demands of the project and adhere to the business processes and procedures. This is an opportunity to lead projects that have a real effect on the business and the customer, the role holder will direct projects from start to finish and see the effect on the end customer.
As a Technical Project Manager you will...
- Understand the demands of the project and accurately forecast the costs and plan the delivery using best practice project management frameworks and agile methodologies
- Lead, motivate and manage technical teams across multiple geographies, including suppliers in order to deliver projects to meet agreed timescales, budgetary requirements and quality to specified requirements
- Work in partnership with the PMO and Project and Programme Management Group (PPMG) to align project requirements and deliverables to the overarching annual plan and business change programme plans
- Work collaboratively with the Service Management and Quality Assurance team to transition new services effectively
- To create an environment to build effective working relationships with stakeholders and members of delivery teams to effectively deliver
- Provide consultancy services and coordination during the project justification stage, advising on the best configuration and governance of a technical project and feeding into the E&O pipeline management system
- Create and maintain project plans, which include sprint plans that take account of internal and external dependencies, interlocking plans with third parties where appropriate and aligning resource planning to delivery needs
In order to apply you must have the following skills, experience andd outlook...
- Experience of delivering multiple change projects within a technical setting
- Significant experience of Agile delivery methodologies (Scrum e.g.)
- Degree level qualification or equivalent
- Significant Technical Delivery experience across software deliveries, hardware delivery experience
- An understanding and / or experience of working within ISO9001 governance framework and quality management control
- Experience of managing project financials and using appropriate financial management systems to control budgets and produce accurate forecasts
- Experience of working with or managing multi-disciplinary teams across international geographies
- Significant experience of project management best practice and the development and maintenance of relevant artifacts and processes
- Significant experience of formal Risk and Issue management within defined frameworks and processes
- Experience of dealing with senior stakeholders
- Recognised project / programme management qualification (APMP, MSP etc)
- Qualification or accreditation in an IT related field
- Experience of implementing and utilising a project and portfolio management tool (MS Project e.g.)
- Experience of presenting and reporting to senior leadership
- Experience of IT and software development projects that lead to significant business change