Target Well Control Ltd, an Almansoori Company, is an oil and gas drilling service company specialising in Directional Drilling, Measurement-While-Drilling (MWD), and Logging-While-Drilling (LWD) operations and Fishing Services. The Company provides a broad range of well placement technolog including slim hole applications. The Company prides itself in creating innovative solutions to facilitate cost-effective drilling. We are based in UK and France.
We are searching for a Field Engineer Directional Drilling – DD Level 2
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for wellsite directional drilling operations, inclusive of proximity analysis, safety and training of directional drilling trainees offshore.
- Recommend bottom hole assemblies and drilling parameters for the directional related element of the drilling program.
- To supervise the actual operations in close cooperation with the company Drilling Coordinator / Operations Manager and the drilling contractor’s tool pusher, document performance of work, non-conformance and near miss reports and report to shorebase daily.
- Perform necessary calculations and monitor well path to ensure that the well path is kept within tolerances specified in the well plan and recommend any corrective action at an early stage in consultation with Drilling Supervisor/Coordinator, shall also undertake hydraulic calculations in order to optimize the pumping rate and total pressure drop.
- Continuously monitor potential danger of collision with a live well and demand required safety actions to be taken to avoid such a collision
- Responsible in ensuring that any directional work is carried out in accordance with the QA/QC system.
- Maintain an up to date record of all drilling parameters and detailed description of the assembly used to drill each hole section.
- Represent the company to the client, in the absence of Drilling Coordinator / Operations Manager.
- Check and evaluate all plans, procedures and equipment prior to use on wellsite.
Experience: At least 4 years as DD 1
Languages: English - fluent