The Marine Electrician shall be responsible in ensuring the all equipment; tools, materials, etc. are in proper working condition.
- Assist Vessel’s Chief Engineer in carrying out his duties as listed here under:
- Inspect alarms and safety devices.
- Inspect all safety shut – off devices.
- Inspect and maintain periodically all power tools in a safe and operating condition.
- Inspect and maintain all lights and lamps, ensure that they have approved globe and guard.
- Inspect and maintain all electrical equipment of the vessel including cooking range, motors, space heaters, terminals, relay, potentiometers, contacts, switches and alternators and perform the necessary servicing from time to time.
- Clean periodically all sensor heads.
- Inspect and do performance tests of emergency lights, buzzers, bells, emergency stops, pressure, temperature switches and pilot lamp.
- Inspect and clean periodically all contact of terminal boards.
- Inspect and perform maintenance of all the storage batteries.
- Synchronize generators.
- Report immediately any problems that could affect the operations.
- Adhere to designated Work/Leave cycle which is subject to change by the company to meet operational requirement.
- Follow Company Policies/Regulations relating to operations, safety, quality control and administration within designated safety, quality control and administration within designated scope of work including any further additions/alterations to the existing policy/regulations.