Project Lead China, Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility
|Target hire date:|
PROJECT LEAD CHINA
AUTONOMOUS VEHICLES AND MOBILITY
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility Project is part of the Forum System Initiative on Shaping the Future of Mobility. Through the support of a public-private and civil society platform, this project will help advance the global governance for autonomous vehicles, including practical policy frameworks, governance protocols, regulatory and legal principles, standardization and education of the public to help decision-makers, industry and society keep pace with this rapidly evolving technology.
The Project Lead China will be part of the Autonomous Vehicles and Mobility Project team and contribute to the successful delivery of the project. He/she will report to the project head at the Forum’s Center for the Fourth Industrial Revolution in San Francisco.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Select, engage and coordinate public and private Partners from industry, government, academia, international organizations and civil society in the initiation, leadership and management of the project, and governing bodies
• Define the issue(s) and policy-related questions to be investigated on the use of autonomous vehicles for mobility and factors influencing it; set the goals and roadmaps for the project with clear milestones
• Execute on the milestones and agreed deliverables, including research and analysis, interviews, surveys and modelling/simulation, as required
• Plan and facilitate meetings with the expert group
• Liaise across the organization to ensure effective coordination and integration with other Forum projects and regional efforts
• Track and communicate progress for the core and project communities through the use of digital interactive space and digital objects
• Drive the deployment and use of Forum Transformation Maps and other digital platforms and tools to support community engagement and project delivery
• Co-design and support the execution of pilot projects in China in collaboration with the Government Engagement team to test policy frameworks and governance protocols with partner governments
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s (or higher) degree in public policy management, engineering, business administration, economics or similar fields
• Minimum five years’ experience in private or public sector, including working on mobility and/or technology policy-related topics
• Good knowledge of the autonomous vehicles ecosystem, including key governing bodies, decision-makers and technical experts
• Strong interest in technology-related topics
• Experience crafting public policy on autonomous vehicles (such as regulations, standards, guidelines or other policy tools), ideally inside government; or proven ability to develop a good understanding of the autonomous vehicle policy issues
• Comfortable driving entrepreneurial projects and identifying opportunities for impact in crowded spaces
• Proficient in recent digital platforms
• Strong presentation and facilitation skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong project design and management skills for medium to large-scale projects
• Ability to work across different cultures and with high-level officials and executives in a dynamic organization
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Mandarin