Head of Event Operations Asia
|Target hire date:|
HEAD OF EVENT OPERATIONS ASIA
BEIJING REPRESENTATIVE OFFICE
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Operations Management team ensures overall operational logistics for World Economic Forum annual and regional meetings and other events around the world. The team’s main objective is to provide the best possible service to participants and staff.
As Head of Event Operations Asia, you will support the operational logistics, working closely with all involved parties, including the Forum’s Events, Regional, IT, Media and Security teams, and with the Forum’s events production company.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Work closely with Head of Forum Event Operations from Geneva headquarters to lead global operational teams in the preparation of the Annual Meeting of the New Champion.
• Collaborate with relevant Chinese ministries or authorities as well as host cities in China on the following: Convention centre layout, airport logistics, protocol, security, customs, volunteering, IT infrastructure, transport, traffic, safety, hygiene and any relevant city promotion or Forum innovation projects.
• Act as the primary person to maintain a long-term and trusted partnership with the Annual Meeting of the New Champions preparatory committees, relevant departments and authorities of host municipal governments.
• Work closely with Forum’s partner companies for in-kind sponsorship for the Annual Meeting of the New Champions, and maintain a long-term and trusted partnership through the work at senior operational level.
• Be responsible for all operation issues of other Forum meetings in China or Asia.
• Assist office management team in managing meeting space and technical infrastructure of the Forum Beijing Office.
• Guide and manage the Event Specialist of this cluster.
Qualifications and Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
• 10-12 years’ experience in event management (preferable)
• Ability to work diplomatically with different cultures and people
• Able to organize work and accomplish multiple tasks simultaneously
• Positive, results-oriented, open-minded
• Flexible team player with excellent interpersonal, negotiation and presentation skills
• Able to work under pressure in a fast-paced and challenging environment
• Excellent oral and written English and Mandarin Chinese
• Available to travel worldwide (if needed)
If you are a flexible and service-oriented team player with excellent event management and interpersonal skills, willing to work in a highly demanding environment and ready to juggle multiple priorities, please apply online.
Start date: As soon as possible