Specialist, Partnership Engagement, Greater China
|Target hire date:|
SPECIALIST, PARTNERSHIP ENGAGEMENT GREATER CHINA
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
As part of the Partnership Engagement team, the Partnership Engagement Specialist will be responsible for supporting the team in the execution of business engagement plans and associated operational requirements to ensure the successful engagement of business Members and Partners in Forum initiatives, projects and events across industry. The Specialist will also identify new industry Members and Partners.
Successful candidates will have worked with a broad range of stakeholders within the context of a specific industry, such as: banking, insurance, asset management, investment sector; and/or basics, mobility, infrastructure sector; and/or ICT, healthcare, consumers sector.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Act as the primary person to maintain and develop long-term, trusted relationships between the Forum and key business leaders in industry in the Greater China region
• Build relationships with the Forum’s existing and targeted regional businesses and shape their yearly engagement in coordination with other Forum teams
• Understand the strategic interests of Members and Partners and translate them into concrete engagement plans, ensuring continuous successful delivery of these plans and maximizing value of engagement
• Act as a trusted adviser for Members and Partners, guiding them on the Forum’s platform and ensuring that they derive the highest value from their engagement
Qualifications and Skills
• Broad intellectual background with master’s degree (or equivalent) in business or economics preferred
• A minimum five years’ work experience with domain knowledge within cluster in client-facing function such as marketing, key account management, business development, sales or strategic collaboration with proven track record; solid commercial acumen
• Ability to work and build long-term, trust-based relationships with C-suite executives and decision-makers
• Strategic and creative skills in thinking, research, writing and presentation
• Motivated self-starter who enjoys working in a highly collaborative environment
• Native Mandarin speaker and proficient in English, both spoken and written; overseas experience preferred