COMMUNITY LEAD, JAPAN
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Japan team is responsible for integrating leaders from Japan into World Economic Forum activities and communities, and is involved in all aspects of relationship management, community development, knowledge networks, Regional Business Council activities and special projects. Reporting to the Head of the Japan team, the Community Lead will engage leaders from Japan in Forum initiatives, projects and events, and help identify new members and partners from the country.
Duties and responsibilities
- Be responsible for the Forum’s programme of projects, initiatives and meetings in Japan
- Monitor policy priorities of the Government of Japan to ensure the Forum’s work on Japan is cutting edge and up-to-date
- Act as a knowledge manager and curator for the team; conduct research on relevant topics and drive the team’s insight work
- Develop and manage relations with relevant academics and civil society in Japan
- Maintain strong ties with the Forum’s Community of Young Global Leaders and Global Shapers
- Be responsible for select government portfolios and engage ministers and government officials in Forum work
- Collaborate with other Forum teams to ensure issues related to Japan are well integrated into the overall work of the organization
- Provide expert knowledge on Japan and related issues
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in international relations, economics or business
- A minimum of 4 years of professional experience, including relevant exposure to Japan and East Asia
- Fluency in English and Japanese is a must
- • Demonstrated leadership capabilities, excellence in the fields of business, culture and geopolitics, and a proven interest in global affairs
- Willingness to work in a very dynamic setting, requiring outstanding results under pressure
- Willingness to travel at minimum 50% of the time
Please apply online and provide us with your CV, the contact details of three references and a cover letter describing your motivations for joining the World Economic Forum.