Community Lead, Japan
|Target hire date:|
Community Lead, Japan
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the international organization for public-private cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Japan team integrates the foremost government, business, civil society and academic leaders from Japan into World Economic Forum activities and communities. The team is involved in all aspects of relationship management, community development, knowledge networks, regional business council activities and special projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Cultivate and build relationships with representatives of the public sector and non-business stakeholders in Japan
• Follow the policy priorities of the Japanese government to ensure most up-to-date information and Forum initiatives in the region
• Undertake research on economic, social and political issues on the regional agenda
• Engage the most relevant Japanese leaders in Forum communities; such community management ranges from agenda-setting and programme development to taking minutes in meetings and other administrative responsibilities
• Collaborate with other teams to ensure that Japanese public-sector leaders are well integrated into the overall work of the Forum
• Provide the team with administrative and logistical support in its day-to-day communications
• Provide expert knowledge on Japanese economic, political and societal issues
Qualifications and Skills
• Master’s degree (or equivalent) in international relations, economics or business
• A minimum of five years of professional experience, including exposure to relationship and/or project management in the public sector
• Fluency in English and Japanese is a must
• Demonstrated leadership capabilities, excellence in the fields of business, culture and geopolitics, and a proven interest in global affairs
• Willingness to work in a highly dynamic setting, requiring outstanding results under pressure
• This position is based in the World Economic Forum Tokyo office