COMMUNITY SPECIALIST, INTERNATIONAL ORGANIZATIONS AND GOVERNMENT AFFAIRS
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The International Organizations and Government Affairs team is responsible for the Forum's relations with international organizations. The Community Specialist will be responsible for ensuring the deep engagement of international organizations across the Forum’s System Initiatives and other activities. He or she will manage all aspects of the participation of public figures from international organizations at Forum events, including the Annual Meeting in Davos-Klosters, and support the Global Issues Group, which brings together the heads of top international organizations to discuss public-private approaches to some of the world’s key challenges.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Managing the involvement of international organizations across the Forum’s 14 System Initiatives and other activities, ensuring this is as strategic and valuable as possible
- Managing the design and delivery of high-level programmes for senior public sector leaders
- Managing all aspects of the participation of senior-level representatives of international organizations at Forum events, including the Annual Meeting in Davos and the Forum’s regional events
- Supporting the Global Issues Group in collaboration with other members of the International Organizations team
- Supporting the team as required in deepening how the Forum partners with international organizations, which may include developing new programmes; responding to requests and supporting the Forum’s humanitarian work
Qualifications and Skills
- Two to five years’ work experience in a global setting; experience at an international organization an asset
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject; master’s degree preferred
- A strong interest in and understanding of key issues on the international agenda, including the 2030 Agenda and humanitarian affairs
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, including those at a very senior level
- Strong organizational and administrative skills, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work under pressure and against tight deadlines
- Proactive service-orientated self-starter
- Fluency in English
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.