|Target hire date:|
The World Economic Forum, committed to improving the state of the world, is the International Organization for Public-Private Cooperation.
The Forum engages the foremost political, business and other leaders of society to shape global, regional and industry agendas.
The Logistics team ensures smooth operational logistics for the World Economic Forum annual meetings, regional meetings, summits and other events around the world, and provides the best possible service to participants and staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
• To be responsible for the operational logistics of specific regional events according to the yearly planning
• Gather and analyse statistics in such a way to plan effectively and execute accordingly, in particular on operations management
• Investigate and plan the most appropriate route for a shipment, considering the perishable or hazardous nature of goods, cost, transit time and security
• Offer consolidation services by air, sea and road, ensuring cost-effective and secure solutions to small shippers who have insufficient cargo to require their own dedicated units
• Arrange air transport for urgent and high-value freight and manage the risk door-to-door
• Arrange appropriate packing, considering the climate, terrain, weight, cost and nature of goods and the delivery and warehousing of goods at their destination
• Coordinate delivery in a timely manner to ensure that all requirements are met, negotiating contracts, transport and handling costs
• Obtain, check and prepare documentation to meet customs and insurance requirements, packing specifications, and compliance with other countries’ regulations and fiscal regimes
• Coordinate drivers, vehicles, loads-and-unloads journeys
• Develop and maintain the key logistics and operations reports and dashboards
• Continue to develop and maintain our data analytics infrastructure
Qualifications and Skills
• University degree and at least five years’ experience in freight logistics
• Excellent organizational, priority-setting and time-management skills
• Good command of office applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
• Fluency in English and in at least one other language such as French or German
If you meet these requirements, please apply online.